The Brewers made it two wins in a row with a 6-3 win over the Giants yesterday. Gerardo Parra went 2-for-3 with two runs scored in the win, and Luis Jimenez also went 2-for-3 with an RBI. Matt Long added in an RBI triple as well. On the pitching side, Matt Garza allowed two runs in three innings, and Chris Perez allowed a run in his inning. Will Smith, Brandon Kintzler, and Ariel Pena all added scoreless innings, with Taylor Jungman chipping in two scoreless as well.
Brewers News and Analysis
- You voted for Wei-Chung Wang at #12 in the BCB Community Prospect Rankings. There's still time to vote for #13, where Kodi Medeiros has taken a commanding lead.
- While it hasn't shown in the results yet, Matt Garza has been working on new pitching mechanics during the offseason, hoping to improve his delivery and lower injury risk.
- In his final notes for the day, Adam McCalvy reports that Adam Lind is scheduled to make his Brewers debut today as the DH against the Rockies. Lind has been dealing with a sore back that has delayed his debut.
- MLB.com has updated their top 30 prospect lists, and Jonathan Mayo of MLB.com breaks down the Brewers list, led by shortstop Orlando Arcia.
- Is platooning Gerardo Parra and Khris Davis a good idea? Nicholas Zettel of Disciples of Uecker asks that question, looking at the splits in the platoon if it occurred.
- While a stadium tax helped build Miller Park, it has stuck around for far longer than anticipated. Enrique Bakemeyer of The Brewers Bar speaks about the stadium tax and how these taxes never work out well for the taxpayers.
- Over on Grantland, Jonah Keri lists Mike Fiers as one of his breakout candidates for 2015.
- The Brewer Nation continued their Brewers by the (Jersey) Numbers series with #26 Kyle Lohse.
- If you're planning to visit the Twin Cities when the Brewers play the Twins later this year, Nick Michalski of The Brewers Bar has a recommendation for you: watch a game at CHS Field as well.
- There's one thing that Will Smith wants to happen this season: meet Will Smith. Cait Covers the Bases has a video of Will writing a letter to Will, asking him to come visit.
NL Central Update
- Phillies 3, Pirates 2
- Cardinals 6, Braves 2
- Royals 5, Reds 2
- Cubs 4, Dodgers 3
- Orioles @ Cardinals - 12:05 pm
- Red Sox @ Pirates - 12:05 pm
- Cubs @ Angels - 3:10 pm
- Reds @ Diamondbacks - 4:10 pm
- The Rays signed reliever Jonny Venters to a two-year minor league deal. Since he is recovering from Tommy John surgery, he is expected to miss all of 2015, and then will attempt his comeback with the Rays in 2016.
- The big story around MLB today is Will Ferrell's quest to play all ten positions in one day. MLB.com has more details on it, including the five games and times where Ferrell will be.
- Jeff Todd of MLB Trade Rumors notes that Yu Darvish of the Rangers received a second opinion on his sprained UCL and Tommy John Surgery was also recommended. Darvish will seek a third opinion from Dr. James Andrews.
- Chris Capuano is attempting to make a comeback with the Yankees this year, but his season will be delayed. Steve Adams of MLB Trade Rumors reports that Capuano is expected to start the season on the DL with a strained right quadriceps.
- In the aftermath of Marcus Stroman's ACL tear, how valuable is Marco Estrada to the Blue Jays? That's what Dave Cameron attempts to answer on FanGraphs.
- Three former Brewers are on the Giants now, and the game against the Giants yesterday gave reporters a chance to catch up with Travis Ishikawa, Nori Aoki, and Casey McGehee. Adam McCalvy of Brewers.com has some quotes from the former Brewers on how things are going since they left Milwaukee.
- Today's entry in ballparks foods that will probably kill you comes from a Royals minor-league affiliate, who came up with the Krispy Kreme Donut Dog. Chris Cwik of Big League Stew has details on this crazy concession.
- How does a manager respond to a pitcher giving up three home runs in a game? In Terry Francona's case, he responds with a prank. Chris Cwik has the details on this prank that Francona pulled on Bauer.
- Did Gio Gonzalez already clinch the interview of the year? Decide for yourself, as Cut4 has video of an interview with Gonzalez where he says "meow" ten times.
Hoping to make it three in a row, the Brewers will face the Rockies today at Maryvale Baseball Park. First pitch is scheduled for 3:05 pm, and only an audio stream through MLB.com will be available.