Maybe the Cactus League championship isn't out of reach yet. After losing five straight to start the Cactus League season, the Brewers have bounced back with three straight wins. Wily Peralta pitched three scoreless innings, allowing only one hit and one walk while inducing nine ground-ball outs. Aramis Ramirez gave the Brewers an early lead with a two-run RBI double, and the bench tacked on the last three runs. Adam Lind made his spring debut with the Brewers as well, going 0-for-2 on the day.
Brewers News and Analysis
- You voted for Kodi Medeiros in the #13 spot in the BCB Community Prospect Rankings. There's still time to vote for #14, where Jacob Gatewood holds a two vote lead over Jorge Lopez.
- There are plenty of ex-Brewers still active around the majors. Yesterday in the FanPosts, nullacct went through a list of all of the active former Brewers and provided an update on what they are doing now.
- While the Brewers still aren't using the radar gun, they have noticed an improvement in Taylor Jungmann's fastball. Adam McCalvy talked with Jungmann about what improvements he made during the offseason. Meanwhile, over on Reviewing the Brew, Pete Schwichtenberg believes that Jungmann is the Brewers most underrated prospect.
- Jonathan Lucroy's quick healing is great for a team hoping to contend this year. Tracy Ringolsby of MLB.com notes that Lucroy's return is pivotal for the Brewers this season.
- In his last notes of the day, Adam McCalvy notes that Francisco Rodriguez is expected to report for a physical today to finalize his deal, and that the Brewers are dealing with a rash of pinkeye infections.
- Will Scooter Gennett respond well to the additional playing time this year? Pete Schwichtenberg of Reviewing the Brew believes so, thinking that Gennett will be an All-Star.
- Marcus Young of Miller Park Prospects answered some questions about the minor league system.
NL Central Update
- Cardinals 8, Orioles 2
- Red Sox 5, Pirates 1
- Angels 10, Cubs 9
- Reds 12, Diamondbacks 4
This Weekend's Games
- Twins @ Pirates - 12:05 pm
- Cardinals @ Marlins - 12:05 pm
- Indians (SS) @ Cubs (SS) - 3:05 pm
- Athletics (SS) @ Cubs (SS) - 6:05 pm
- Reds @ Dodgers - 9:05 pm
- Twins @ Cardinals - 12:05 pm
- Pirates @ Red Sox - 12:05 pm
- Athletics (SS) @ Cubs (SS) - 2:05 pm
- Rockies @ Reds - 3:05 pm
- Orioles @ Pirates - 12:05 pm
- Cardinals @ Twins - 12:05 pm
- Reds @ Cubs - 3:05 pm
- John Sickels of Minor League Ball released his list of top 50 hitters and top 50 pitchers. No Brewers prospects made either list.
- Relief pitcher Tim Collins of the Royals had Tommy John surgery and will miss the 2015 season.
- Baseball has a potential problem growing with pitcher injuries. David Schoenfield of ESPN SweetSpot believes that baseball needs to do something to prevent these injuries that are costing the league millions of dollars.
- Mike Oz of Big League Stew has the top ten moments from Will Ferrell's adventure yesterday, where he played all ten positions in one day.
This Weekend's Action
The Brewers have a full weekend of action ahead of them, including their first split squad games of the season. Here is the weekend's schedule.
Friday: Brewers @ Mariners - 3:05 pm, MLBN (TV), MLB.com (Radio)
Saturday: Cubs (SS) @ Brewers - 3:05 pm, FSWI & MLBN* (TV), WTMJ 620 (Radio)
Sunday: Brewers (SS) @ Rangers - 3:05 pm, MLBN* (TV)
Sunday: Athletics @ Brewers (SS) - 3:05 pm, FSWI @ MLBN* (TV), WTMJ 620 (Radio)
* - Tape Delayed