The Brewers got back on track after losing four straight with a win against the Padres yesterday. Carlos Gomez provided most of the offense with a three-run home run in the second inning. Matt Garza had a rough day, pitching 3.2 IP with three runs and five hits allowed, including a home run.
Brewers News and Analysis
- If you missed it, Noah released the official BCB season preview for the Brewers yesterday. There's a potential great season ahead this year, if things go the Brewers way.
- You voted for Marcos Diplan in the #16 spot of our BCB Community Prospect Rankings. There's still time to vote for #17, where Michael Reed has a one vote lead over Victor Roache.
- The leadoff spot is still up for grabs, and the decision is down to Carlos Gomez or Scooter Gennett. Adam McCalvy took a look at the looming leadoff decision for Ron Roenicke and the Brewers.
- After a nightmare start on Sunday against the Rangers, Adam McCalvy spoke to Taylor Jungmann, who said that everything went wrong for him.
- There are a lot of questions facing the starting rotations for every NL Central team this season. Nicholas Zettel of Disciples of Uecker previews the rotations in the NL Central for 2015 and looks at the hurdles each rotation has to overcome.
- The competition for the bullpen is expected to be a tight one with available spots very limited. Over on Reviewing the Brew, Kyle Lesniewski believes that Jim Henderson's lack of velocity makes him a long shot to make the bullpen.
- The Brewer Nation continued their Brewers By the (Jersey) Numbers series with #20 Jonathan Lucroy.
- What do you enjoy eating at the ballpark? Tim Dillard has his favorites, and over on his blog, he discusses his favorite ballpark foods.
NL Central Update
- Astros 13, Pirates 7
- Cardinals 7, Marlins (SS) 1
- Reds 4, Indians 0
- Cubs 4, Royals 3
- Cubs @ Dodgers - 3:05 pm
- White Sox @ Reds - 3:05 pm
- Tigers @ Pirates - 5:05 pm
- Cardinals have the day off.
- Alex Cobb of the Rays is expected to miss the start of the season with right forearm tendinitis.
- The Giants acquired catcher Jackson Williams from the Angels in exchange for cash considerations.
- The Nationals released utility player Jeff Kobernus.
- The Rangers released LHP Michael Kirkman, who was trying to make the team out of camp. They also released former outfielder Scott Cousins, who was trying to make a comeback as a pitcher.
- Mike Oz of Big League Stew reports that MLB is eliminating the paper ballots for the All-Star Game from stadiums starting this season. While it's a move that makes complete sense, it's sad to see the ballots be eliminated.
- Earlier this week, I said that Dorothy-themed jerseys may be the most ridiculous jerseys out there. Once again, another minor-league team may have taken the top spot. The Frisco RoughRiders will host a "Full House" night this season, where they will wear fluorescent-colored jerseys that are based on the TV show.
- Ready to see drones flying around the infield during a MLB game? Seth Keichline of TechGraphs notes that Fox Sports is developing technology to use cameras attached to drones as part of their sports coverage.
The Brewers travel to face the Royals this afternoon. First pitch is at 3:05 pm, and only an audio stream is available on MLB.com for today's game.