Brewers News and Analysis
- In an effort to try to prevent early spring arm injuries, the Brewers have taken an unusual step. They will not track pitcher velocity until mid-March, in hopes that it will prevent players from overthrowing. However, Derek thinks that it will also prevent Brewers staff from seeing potential issues with a pitcher ahead of time.
- In our BCB Community Prospect Rankings, you voted for Gilbert Lara in the #6 spot. There's still time to vote for #7, where Devin Williams has a lead over Jacob Gatewood.
- Meanwhile, in the Community Over/Under vote on Aramis Ramirez, 65% of people think that Aramis Ramirez will be better than the ZiPS projection.
- To clear space for Francisco Rodriguez when his contract is finalized, the Brewers outrighted Brooks Hall to Triple-A Colorado Springs.
- Jim Henderson has been making progress in his recovery, and he will take another step forward today: He is on the list to pitch in today's game.
- The Brewers finalized their last few pre-arbitration contracts yesterday, which means everyone is officially signed for 2015. Adam McCalvy notes that Scooter Gennett and Jean Segura signed one-year deals, and Will Smith's contract was renewed.
- The initial Brewers rotation has been set, and it would appear that Kyle Lohse is in line to start on Opening Day. Adam McCalvy looks at the rotation as spring training games begin today.
- Nicholas Zettel of Disciples of Uecker looks back at last year's schedule and all of the winnable games that the Brewers lost, and what this means looking to 2015.
- Over on Reviewing the Brew, Kyle Lesniewski had the chance to interview 2014 Brewers first round draft pick Kodi Medeiros.
- The Brewers have brought back the "Chance 2 Advance" plan this year. Cait Covers the Bases has the details on how this year's ticket package will work.
Spring training games officially kick off today. The first game is an exhibition against UW-Milwaukee. First pitch is at 3:10 pm, and there is no TV or radio coverage for this exhibition game. Mike Fiers will make the start, and here is today's lineup:
2B Scooter Gennett
SS Jean Segura
CF Carlos Gomez
1B Adam Lind
LF Khris Davis
RF Gerardo Parra
C Martin Maldonado
3B Luis Jimenez
DH Jason Rogers
RHP Mike Fiers