The Brewers officially kicked off their spring training games with an 8-0 win over the UW-Milwaukee Panthers yesterday. After three scoreless innings, the Brewers got on the board in the fourth inning with a Khris Davis two-run RBI single. The Brewers would end up scoring eight runs on ten hits, while limiting the Panthers to just one hit on seventeen strikeouts. The Panthers did have one highlight moment, as pitcher Joe Pavlovich struck out the side in order in one inning.
Brewers News and Analysis
- Renovations are in full swing at Wrigley Field and are expected to take four years to complete. However, a report came out that the Cubs considered playing a full season at Miller Park in an effort to speed up the construction process. It was considered "extensively" before the team decided on the plan that they are going with.
- The Fox Sports Wisconsin TV Schedule for the season was released yesterday, with 150 games covered on TV. Noah went through the schedule and found the 12 games that Fox Sports Wisconsin will not be broadcasting.
- In the BCB Community Prospect Rankings, you voted Devin Williams as the #7 prospect in the poll. You still have time to vote for #8, where Ty Wagner has taken a commanding lead.
- In the BCB Community Over/Unders series, 86% of voters believe that Khris Davis will perform over his ZiPS line in 2015.
News from Brewers Camp
- After dealing with a knee injury for two seasons, Brandon Kintzler is completely healthy as the 2015 season begins. Adam McCalvy notes that Kintzler is ready to prove himself again as he makes his first spring appearance this afternoon.
- Yesterday's exhibition game against the Brewers is one of the biggest moments for the players on the UW-Milwaukee Panthers team. Adam McCalvy looked at how the Panthers savored their one day in a major league camp.
- Jim Henderson made his first appearance since shoulder surgery in yesterday's game. He struck out two batters and allowed only one walk in his one inning of work.
- Ron Roenicke Stole My Baseball is back up, and they are kicking things off with an optimistic preview of the 2015 season for the Brewers.
- Are the Brewers a sabermetric team? That's the question that Justin Schultz of The First Out At Third asks as he looks at evidence on both sides of the argument.
- Brad Krause of Miller Park Prospects has a profile of Taylor Williams.
- Limited edition bobbleheads are back in the team store for 2015, and Cait Covers the Bases has the details on this year's batch of bobbleheads.
- The Tigers released Joel Hanrahan. He had injured his elbow during workouts, and will require his second Tommy John surgery to fix it.
- After a disciplinary panel deadlocked on disciplinary action for Josh Hamilton, his case will go to an arbitrator to decide if he will go to rehab or be suspended for the 2015 season.
The first "official" game of spring training will take place this afternoon. The Brewers travel to face the Angels in their first Cactus League game of the season. First pitch is at 2:05 pm, and there will be full coverage today. The game will air on Fox Sports Wisconsin and on the radio, and will also be shown tape-delayed on MLB Network. Here is the lineup for today's game:
2B Scooter Gennett
SS Jean Segura
RF Ryan Braun
1B Matt Clark
CF Gerardo Parra
3B Luis Jimenez
DH Jason Rogers
C Martin Maldonado
LF Matt Long
RHP Kyle Lohse