The Brewers had the day off.
Brewers News & Notes
- The 0-3 start for the Brewers is one of the worst in franchise history. Jeff Servi of Reviewing the Brew looks at some other bad starts and how those teams ended up at the end of the season.
- Nicholas Zettel of Disciples of Uecker also reviewed the Brewers-Rockies series and what this means moving forward. He also has a look at the matchup between Jeff Locke and Mike Fiers for today.
- Jim Henderson is currently on the disabled list as he tries to regain his velocity following shoulder surgery. Kurtis Hardy of Bleacher Report looks at the timeline for Henderson so far, and what he still has to accomplish to return to the major league roster.
- Todd Rosiak of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel has a profile of Jeff Levering, who will be doing some of the play-by-play in select road games and is providing other content for Brewers.com.
- We've heard about all of the good changes at Miller Park this year, but what about the bad ones? Enrique Bakemeyer of The Brewers Bar attended all three games in the opening series, and has a list of all of the changes he does not like this year.
- Cait Covers the Bases has plenty of coverage for what's happening with the Brewers off the field. She reports that the Brewers inducted Red Schoendienst into the Braves Honor Roll, and that Rob Deer will be at his bobblehead day on Sunday. She also has details on a "Pearls for Teen Girls" event that just took place, and an upcoming biking event called "Hitting 4 the Cycle".
Minor League Update
|Colorado Springs Sky Sox||AAA||1-0||Colorado Springs 7, Nashville 5||
Friday: Nashville @ Colorado Springs
Saturday: Nashville @ Colorado Springs
Sunday: Nashville @ Colorado Springs
|Biloxi Shuckers||AA||1-0||Biloxi 4, Pensacola 0||
Friday: Biloxi @ Pensacola
Saturday: Biloxi @ Pensacola
Sunday: Biloxi @ Pensacola
|Brevard County Manatees||A+||0-1||Daytona 5, Brevard County 1||
Friday: Brevard County @ Daytona
Saturday: Brevard County @ Daytona
Sunday: Brevard County @ Daytona
|Wisconsin Timber Rattlers||A||0-1||Burlington 9, Wisconsin 3||
Friday: Wisconsin @ Burlington
Saturday: Wisconsin @ Burlington
Sunday: Peoria @ Wisconsin
Check out morineko's daily minor league update for more details on yesterday's performances.
News & Notes
- Over on Miller Park Prospects, the writers compiled their list of predictions for the 2015 minor-league season. Also, Ryan Kaufman has some audio from players at the Sky Sox media day.
- Yesterday was the first game in a 55-game road trip for the Biloxi Shuckers. The Associated Press has a profile of the Shuckers, who will be on the road for two months while their stadium is under construction.
- Taylor Jungmann had a decent first appearance for the Colorado Springs Sky Sox last night, pitching four innings and allowing three hits, four walks and a run with three strikeouts. Before the game, Pete Schwichtenberg of Reviewing the Brew looked at Jungmann as he prepared for his first Triple-A start of the season.
- Jonathan Mayo of MLB.com went through the list of top prospects for the Brewers and compiled a list of where each of them is starting the season.
- On his YouTube channel, Tim Dillard asks Corey Knebel to sing "Take Me Out To The Ballgame" in 30 seconds without using the word "the".
NL Central Update
- Reds 3, Pirates 2
- Cardinals & Cubs had the day off.
This Weekend's Division Games
- Cubs @ Rockies
Friday: Travis Wood vs. Tyler Matzek - 3:10 pm
Saturday: Jason Hammel vs. Kyle Kendrick - 7:10 pm
Sunday: Kyle Hendricks vs. Jordan Lyles - 3:10 pm
- Cardinals @ Reds
Friday: John Lackey vs. Jason Marquis - 6:10 pm
Saturday: Michael Wacha vs. Johnny Cueto - 12:10 pm
Sunday: Carlos Martinez vs. Raisel Iglesias - 12:10 pm
- The Dodgers acquired reliever Ryan Webb from the Orioles, along with catcher Brain Ward and a draft pick, for minor-leaguers Ben Rowen and Chris O'Brien.
- The Orioles released catcher J.P. Arencibia.
- The Rangers claimed outfielder Alex Hasaan off of waivers from the Diamondbacks.
- With Opening Day done, Jeff Todd of MLB Trade Rumors has an updated list of future payroll obligations for all 30 MLB teams.
- Chris Cwik of Big League Stew reports that Theo Epstein of the Cubs threw out the first pitch at the South Bend Cubs game on Thursday, and mascot Clark the Cub decided to have a little fun with it. So, Epstein responded by throwing a pitch at Clark.
- The Padres have made a transaction every year for the past 20 years now that you may have never heard of. They signed left-hander Matt LaChappa, who is wheelchair bound, to a minor-league contract so he can receive health care. Mike Axisa of CBS Sports has the full story.
This Weekend's Action
The Brewers start a three-game series against the Pittsburgh Pirates tonight at Miller Park. Here are the pitching matchups for this weekend's games.
Friday: Jeff Locke vs. Mike Fiers - 7:10 pm
Saturday: Vance Worley vs. Jimmy Nelson - 7:10 pm
Sunday: Francisco Liriano vs. Kyle Lohse - 1:10 pm