The Brewers had the day off.
Brewers News & Notes
- Wily Peralta has been on a long journey since signing with the Brewers ten years ago and converting from outfielder to pitcher. As Peralta prepares to make his second start of the season today, Adam McCalvy looks at Peralta's career so far.
- New Brewers hitting coach Darnell Coles has faced a rough start to the 2015 season. Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel has a profile of Coles, who is trying to improve a struggling offense.
- What is the best way to build a baseball team? That's what nullacct asks in the FanPosts, breaking down how last year's playoff teams got to that point and applying it to the Brewers.
- Jean Segura has been off to a hot start this year, but is it sustainable? Over on Reviewing the Brew, Kyle Lesniewski analyzes the stats behind Segura's start to see if he can sustain his success.
- Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reports that former commissioner Bud Selig received the Outstanding Civilian Service Award on Tuesday for the initiatives he put together as commissioner to support the Armed Forces.
- As part of their community outreach, a few Brewers are involved with the DARE program. However, Enrique Bakemeyer of The Brewers Bar asks if the players should continue to be associated with that program considering the problems that it has.
Minor League Update
|Colorado Springs Sky Sox||AAA||2-4||Round Rock 7, Colorado Springs 6||Round Rock @ Colorado Springs|
|Biloxi Shuckers||AA||3-1||OFF||Biloxi @ Mobile|
|Brevard County Manatees||A+||3-2||Brevard County 1, St. Lucie 0||Brevard County @ St. Lucie|
|Wisconsin Timber Rattlers||A||0-6||Peoria 7, Wisconsin 1||Burlington @ Wisconsin|
Check out morineko's daily notes for more details on last night's performances.
News & Notes
- Tim Dillard has another video on his YouTube channel, this time asking Jason Rogers to name eight baseball bat companies.
NL Central Update
Today's Division Games
- Tigers (Alfredo Simon) @ Pirates (Francisco Liriano) - 6:05 pm
- Reds (Jason Marquis) @ Cubs (Travis Wood) - 7:05 pm
- The Braves released outfielder Carlos Quentin.
- The Indians signed RHP Jhoulys Chacin to a minor-league deal, designated RHP Shaun Marcum for assignment, and called up catcher Brett Hayes.
- The Royals placed outfielder Alex Rios on the 15-day DL with a broken hand.
- Today is Jackie Robinson day, and all around baseball, players will wear the number 42 to honor him. Over on Gammons Daily, Cory DiBenedetto has a roundup of videos that discuss the legacy of Jackie Robinson.
- All 30 MLB ballparks installed metal detectors as part of new security protocols that went into effect this season. However, how effective are they really? Israel Fahr of Big League Stew notes that a security expert analyzed the new security measures and called them "laughable".
- Bat flips tend to be a point of contention in baseball, with some people calling them a show of disrespect towards the game. Mike Oz of Big League Stew looks at both sides of it, reporting that Yasiel Puig is trying to tone his bat flips down, while in Korea, the bat flips have been getting crazier.
The Brewers return to the field today for game two against the Cardinals. Wily Peralta will face Lance Lynn in this evening's matchup. First pitch is at 7:15 pm.