In a surprising twist, the Brewers lost. The Reds scored early and often, though the Brewers did mount a comeback in the ninth inning to close the gap and actually get the tying runner to the plate. However, with two outs and two runners on, Ryan Braun struck out to end the game.
Brewers news and notes:
- Braun's at-bat in the ninth was a pinch-hit appearance as he was out of the Brewers' lineup for the second straight game. The Brewers said it wasn't because of injury, though Braun is slightly banged up. Logan Schafer and Gerardo Parra both had nice games in his absence, but the Brewers anticipate Braun back in the lineup today.
- Derek had the series preview prior to the start of the game yesterday.
- Chris Perez opted out of his contract with the Brewers, becoming a free agent yet again.
- FanSided looks at how bad the 2015 season could get for the Brewers because if there's one thing nobody is sick of, it's how bad the Brewers have been or could be.
- Brewers' prospects have been doing pretty well, though, including Cy Sneed. Sneed is the focus of a Reviewing the Brew article today
- The Brewers final giveaway of 2015 will be a knit hat which actually looks kind of sharp..
- The big news, of course, was the Angels trading Josh Hamilton to the Rangers, who he had previously played for before signing with Los Angeles. Hamilton has had his share of demons and apparently both sides were done with one another. He had previously had a lot of success in Texas, so here's hoping he gets back on track.
- The Reds placed pitcher Homer Bailey on the DL. The severity of his injury is not yet known, but it could be fairly serious.
- Brandon McCarthy has a torn UCL and is done for the season.
- Adam Wainwright is officially out for the season, meaning whoever takes his place in the Cardinals rotation will end up with something like a 1.93 ERA.