The Brewers had the day off.
Brewers News & Notes
- With the baseball season in full swing, the Brewers outreach to get kids playing baseball has also increased. On Brewers.com, Adam McCalvy has a profile of Larry Hisle, the Brewers manager of youth outreach.
- Over in the FanPosts, aaronetc looked through the stats and has fifteen points from the first twenty games of the 2015 season.
- How has Ryan Braun's swing evolved over the years? Nicholas Zettel of Reviewing the Brew looks at Braun's eight-year career and how his swing changed each year in the majors.
- The Brewers are bringing back several of their partner ticket packages for this season. Cait Covers the Bases has the details on all of the available packages to choose from.
Minor League Update
|Colorado Springs Sky Sox||AAA||6-14||Omaha 9, Colorado Springs 4||
Friday: Omaha @ Colorado Springs
Saturday: Omaha @ Colorado Springs
Sunday: Omaha @ Colorado Springs
|Biloxi Shuckers||AA||14-7||Mobile 3, Biloxi 1||
Friday: Mobile vs. Biloxi (in Huntsville)
Saturday: Mobile vs. Biloxi (in Huntsville)
Sunday: Mobile vs. Biloxi (in Huntsville)
|Brevard County Manatees||A+||9-10||Daytona 6, Brevard County 4||
Friday: Brevard County @ Daytona (DH)
Saturday: Daytona @ Brevard County
Sunday: Brevard County @ Daytona
|Wisconsin Timber Rattlers||A||8-13||Wisconsin 3, Clinton 1||
Friday: Quad Cities @ Wisconsin
Saturday: Quad Cities @ Wisconsin
Sunday: Quad Cities @ Wisconsin
News & Notes
- Jeff Levering recently visited the Colorado Springs Sky Sox. On his Minor Details blog, he posted the details of his trip, which includes a few interviews and several pictures of the area.
- Over on his blog, Tim Dillard talks about the time in Spring Training when he was asked to imitate Tim Kurkjian on an ESPN broadcast. Meanwhile, on his YouTube channel, he asked Bryan Petersen to name all eight Harry Potter movies.
NL Central Update
This Weekend's Division Games
- Reds @ Braves
Friday: Anthony DeSclafani vs. Mike Foltynewicz - 6:35 pm
Saturday: Jason Marquis vs. Eric Stults - 6:10 pm
Sunday: Johnny Cueto vs. Julio Teheran - 12:35 pm
- Pirates @ Cardinals
Friday: A.J. Burnett vs. Lance Lynn - 7:15 pm
Saturday: Francisco Liriano vs. John Lackey - 1:15 pm
Sunday: Vance Worley vs. Michael Wacha - 1:15 pm
- The Braves called up RHP Mike Foltynewicz.
- The Dodgers claimed LHP Eury De La Rosa off of waivers and transferred pitcher Brandon McCarthy to the 60-day DL.
- The Mets placed pitcher Rafael Montero on the 15-day DL with rotator cuff inflamation and recalled second baseman Dilson Herrera.
- Early results of the pace of play changes are in, and the results are encouraging. Average game times are down eight minutes from last year, the largest drop MLB has seen in years. As a result, MLB is relaxing the fines for violating the new pace of play rules, and may choose to only fine flagrant violations.
- During Wednesday's game between the Reds and Brewers, the Reds broadcast had an interview with the mother of Michael Lorenzen, who was making his MLB debut. It wasn't an ideal time for an interview though, as a Brewer blasted a home run off of Lorenzen during the interview.
This Weekend's Action
The Brewers begin a three-game series against the Cubs this afternoon. Earlier this morning, Derek posted a series preview of the Brewers first series against the Cubs this season. Here are the pitching matchups for the weekend:
Friday: Wily Peralta vs. Jon Lester - 1:20 pm
Saturday: Mike Fiers vs. Jake Arrieta - 1:20 pm
Sunday: Jimmy Nelson vs. Jason Hammel - 1:20 pm