It was just another bad game for the Brewers last night. Mike Fiers got blasted for six runs and was incredibly wild all night. Jonathan Broxton gave up another four runs. They managed to get just one run off of Joe Blanton, who was making only his second start in the majors since 2013. Meanwhile, former Brewers Lorenzo Cain and Alcides Escobar combined for four hits and five RBI in the game.
Brewers News & Notes
- Jordan continued his trade value series yesterday, ranking the #10 to #6 players on the Brewers team, which consists of Ryan Braun and a handful of cheaper players.
- With the FBI investigation of the Carinals ongoing, Derek believes that it is fair to investigate another question: Are the Cardinals really baby eaters?
- Despite the results not going the Brewers way, Craig Counsell isn't too upset about the effort. Todd Rosiak of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reports that Counsell is happy with the effort that the Brewers have been putting forward recently.
- Jonathan Mayo of MLB.com reviewed the draft class for all five of the NL Central teams, noting that the Brewers got two first-round talent players as well as a few other gems.
- What is the reason behind the Brewers declining offense? Over on Disciples of Uecker, Nicholas Zettel offers five possible explanations for the lack of offense this year.
Minor League Update
|Colorado Springs Sky Sox||AAA||26-38||Oklahoma City 4, Colorado Springs 3||New Orleans @ Colorado Springs|
|Biloxi Shuckers||AA||41-24||Biloxi 6, Montgomery 2||Montgomery @ Biloxi|
|Brevard County Manatees||A+||29-36||Brevard County 2, Jupiter 1||Jupiter @ Brevard County|
|Wisconsin Timber Rattlers||A||21-45||Kane County 8, Wisconsin 7||Wisconsin @ Kane County|
|DSL Brewers||R||6-10||DSL Brewers 11, DSL Yankees||DSL Mets2 @ DSL Brewers|
|Helena Brewers||R||0-0||Offseason||Missoula @ Helena|
News & Notes
- The Helena Brewers begin their season today. Here is the complete roster for their team.
- The Biloxi Shuckers now have eleven players on the All-Star team as pitcher Brooks Hall was added to the roster yesterday.
- The Brewers released infielder Chris Nelson from the Sky Sox following the acquisition of Matt Dominguez.
NL Central Update
Today's Division Games
- Cardinals @ Twins - 12:10 pm
- Cubs @ Indians - 6:10 pm
- Tigers @ Reds - 6:10 pm
- Pirates @ White Sox - 7:10 pm
- The Giants signed infielder Marco Scutaro to a major-league contract and immediately placed him on the 60-day DL. This move was only a symbolic move to allow Scutaro to retire as a member of the Giants.
- The Padres placed outfielder Wil Myers back on the 15-day DL after he underwent left wrist surgery to remove a bone spur. He is expected to miss eight weeks.
- The Phillies designated RHP Dsutin McGowan for assignment.
- On ESPN, there was an interview with Lester Munson, a legal analyst for ESPN, in regards to the Cardinals hacking situation. This interview really offended Badgernoonan over on Ron Roenicke Stole My Baseball, and he went through it line by line and discussed the problems with everything that was said.
- A recent commercial during baseball broadcasts has Enrique Bakemeyer of The Brewers Bar asking if a woman could play in MLB. He believes that it could happen, but there's a lot for women to overcome to make it happen.
- After six years in court, Royals mascot Sluggerrr has officially been cleared of wrongdoing following an incident where he hit a fan in the eye with a hot dog. Chris Cwik has more details on the case.
The Brewers finish up their four-game series against the Royals tonight. Jimmy Nelson will try to end the losing streak against Jeremy Guthrie. First pitch is at 7:10 pm, and it is the MLB.TV Free Game of the Day.