The Brewers had the day off.
Brewers News & Notes
- Former Brewer Darryl Hamilton was found dead on Sunday at the age of 50, in what appeared to be a murder-suicide. Adam McCalvy has reaction from around the league, as well as a look back at Hamilton's career.
Minor League Update
|Colorado Springs Sky Sox||AAA||28-40||OFF||Colorado Springs @ Oklahoma City|
|Biloxi Shuckers||AA||43-25||All-Star Break|
|Brevard County Manatees||A+||29-39||Lakeland 6, Brevard County 0
Lakeland 4, Brevard County 3
|Brevard County @ Lakeland|
|Wisconsin Timber Rattlers||A||23-47||All-Star Break|
|DSL Brewers||R||7-12||DSL Red Sox2, DSL Brewers||DSL Rangers2 @ DSL Brewers|
|Helena Brewers||R||2-3||Great Falls 8, Helena 4||Great Falls @ Helena|
|AZL Brewers||R||1-2||AZL Angels 3, AZL Brewers 0||OFF|
News & Notes
- After crashing into the wall in Sunday's AZL Brewers game, the official diagnosis for Trent Clark is a concussion, and is expected to miss around two weeks.
- Minor League Baseball released their award winners for last week, and two members in the Brewers organization took home awards. In the Southern League, Biloxi pitcher Brent Suter took pitcher of the week, and in the Florida State League, Jorge Ortega won the same award.
- Fans for the Timber Rattlers voted for a fan giveaway to end the season, and fans voted for a Kodi Medeiros bobblehead for the giveaway. The bobbleheads will be given away at the game on September 3.
- Nick Ramirez of Biloxi will participate in the Southern League Home Run Derby today. The competition will take place before the All-Star game tonight.
NL Central Update
- Cubs 4, Dodgers 2
- Cardinals, Pirates, and Reds have the day off.
Today's Division Games
- Reds (Josh Smith) @ Pirates (Jeff Locke) - 6:05 pm
- Cardinals (Carlos Martinez) @ Marlins (Jose Urena) - 6:10 pm
- Dodgers (Zack Greinke) @ Cubs (Jason Hammel) - 7:05 pm
- The Blue Jays activated R.A. Dickey from the bereavement list, recalled LHP Rob Rasmussen and selected the contract of RHP Todd Redmond. Also, they optioned pitchers Scott Copeland and Ryan Tepera, and Phil Coke of the Blue Jays refused an optional assignment and has elected free agency.
- The Diamondbacks optioned RHP Addison Reed and activated RHP Enrique Burgos from the 15-day disabled list.
- The Mariners released Rickie Weeks.
- In the most recent All-Star voting update for the AL, Royals still lead seven of nine starting positions. However, three positions are still close and could go to someone else.
- A report came out yesterday, ranking the fans of MLB teams by grammar. In the report, Mets fans were ranked as having the worst grammar, while the Indians were ranked the best. The Brewers had the sixth best grammar.
- Pete Rose had applied for reinstatement this year, but a recent report may destroy his chances to ever be reinstated. An ESPN report released yesterday says that Rose had bet on games as a player, which goes against his confession of only betting on games as a manager.
The Brewers return home today and begin a three-game series against the Mets. In the first game, Mike FIers faces Jon Niese. First pitch is at 7:10 pm.