Despite a solid start from Taylor Jungmann, the Brewers couldn't get past Jacob deGrom. The Mets starter pitched eight shutout innings and held the Brewers to four hits. Meanwhile, single runs off of Michael Blazek and Jonathan Broxton were all the Mets needed for the win. It denied the Brewers their first series sweep of the season (again), and dropped the Brewers to 2-14 in the last 16 games that finished a series, as well as a record of 9-19 in day games.
Brewers News & Notes
- Despite putting together an excellent season so far, Francisco Rodriguez has not been drawing interest from many teams. Noah looks at the reasons why Rodriguez wouldn't be drawing more interest from other teams.
- Finishing up his series on trade value rankings, Jordan looks at the trade value of the top five Brewers, which includes the obvious choices based on trade value.
- Despite a bit of a rough day from Taylor Jungmann yesterday, he didn't allow any runs in his five innings of work. Brandon Curry of Brewers.com notes that Counsell is impressed with the poise that the young pitcher demonstrated in the start.
- It's going to be hard for Nathan Kirby to top June 2015 for a long time. After being selected by the Brewers at #40 in the MLB Draft, Kirby finished off his month by pitching the clinching innings for Virginia in the College World Series.
- With the roster stabilized for a few weeks, Nicholas Zettel of Disciples of Uecker released an updated version of his Brewers roster rankings.
Minor League Update
|Colorado Springs Sky Sox||AAA||29-42||Oklahoma City 4, Colorado Springs 3||
Friday: Colorado Springs @ Memphis
Saturday: Colorado Springs @ Memphis
Sunday: Colorado Springs @ Memphis
|Biloxi Shuckers||AA||43-26||Jacksonville 6, BIloxi 2||
Friday: Biloxi @ Jacksonville
Saturday: Biloxi @ Jacksonville
Sunday: Biloxi @ Jacksonville
|Brevard County Manatees||A+||29-40||Brevard County @ Daytona (PPD)||
Friday: Daytona @ Brevard County
Saturday: Brevard County @ Bradenton
Sunday: Brevard County @ Bradenton
|Wisconsin Timber Rattlers||A||24-47||Wisconsin 4, Clinton 2||
Friday: Clinton @ Wisconsin
Saturday: Clinton @ Wisconsin
Sunday: Clinton @ Wisconsin
|DSL Brewers||R||8-14||DSL Braves 6, DSL Brewers 5||
Friday: DSL Braves @ DSL Brewers
Saturday: DSL Tigers @ DSL Brewers
|Helena Brewers||R||3-5||Missoula 9, Helena 7||
Friday: Helena @ Great Falls
Saturday: Helena @ Great Falls
Sunday: Helena @ Great Falls
|AZL Brewers||R||2-3||AZL Padres 7, AZL Brewers 6||
Friday: AZL Rangers @ AZL Brewers
Saturday: AZL Brewers @ AZL Rangers
News & Notes
- The rosters for the All-Star Futures game have been announced, and Orlando Arcia will compete as part of the World Team in the game on July 12.
- On his Minor Details blog, Jeff Levering looks at some of the honors that Brewers minor league players have received in recent weeks.
- Nicholas Zettel of Disciples of Uecker breaks down the Helena roster and gives five names to watch this season.
- Over on BP Milwaukee, Michael Schwarz says to not panic about Jake Gatewood or Monte Harrison despite the early results.
NL Central Update
Today's Division Games
- Cubs @ Cardinals
Friday: Jake Arrieta vs. John Lackey - 7:15 pm
Saturday: Tsuyoshi Wada vs. Michael Wacha - 6:15 pm
Sunday: TBD vs. Carlos Martinez - 7:05 pm
- Braves @ Pirates
Friday: Williams Perez vs. Francisco Liriano - 6:05 pm
Saturday: Julio Teheran vs. Charlie Morton - 3:05 pm
Sunday: TBD vs. Jeff Locke - 12:35 pm
- Reds @ Mets
Friday: Johnny Cueto vs. Noah Syndergaard - 6:10 pm
Saturday: Michael Lorenzen vs. Matt Harvey - 3:10 pm
Sunday: Josh Smith vs. Jon Niese - 12:10 pm
The Brewers begin a three-game series against the Twins tonight. Here are the starting matchups for this weekend's series.
Friday: Trevor May vs. Kyle Lohse - 7:10 pm
Saturday: Kyle Gibson vs. Matt Garza - 1:10 pm
Sunday: Tommy Milone vs. Mike Fiers - 1:10 pm