Win: Lohse (5-9)
Loss: Harang (4-11)
HR: Lind (12)
If the Brewers played the Phillies every game, the Brewers might be World Series favorite. You know, as long as they were the only ones playing the Phillies and every other team had to play games amongst each other and the Brewers also played the Phillies in the playoffs and everything.
Three games in to a four-game series against Philadelphia and the Brewers have three wins and maybe their best shot at a sweep yet this season. Kyle Lohse wasn't good (four earned runs on nine hits and two walks over 6.1 innings) but he was better than he's been for most of the year.
And the Brewers got off their Aaron Harang schneid! Shnide! Schnide? Snied? Harang kind of always kills the Brewers, but today they got to him for eight runs on 14 hits and a walk. Here's the offensive standouts:
- Gerardo Parra went 3-4 with a walk and two runs scored
- Scooter Gennett was 3-5 with three RBI and two runs
- Adam Lind had a two-run homer and a single while scoring twice
- Aramis Ramirez was 2-4 with a pair of RBI
- AND KYLE LOHSE WAS 3-4 WITH TWO RUNS
- KYLE LOHSE
- KYLE LOHSE 3-4
- I DON'T THINK KYLE LOHSE HAD EVER HAD THREE HITS IN A SEASON
Actually though, this is Lohse's second time getting three hits in a game. The first came in 2006 when he was a member of the Reds and picked up three hits against the Astros.
One more game against the Phillies, then it's back to reality. First pitch is set for 5:35 CT tomorrow.