The offense showed up with five runs. The defense showed up with four double-plays. Unfortunately, the pitching did not show up. Kyle Lohse allowed a total of five runs, four of those coming on two home runs. Adam Lind had four hits (one of those a home run), and Scooter Gennett had three hits.
Brewers News & Notes
- The Twins are looking for help at catcher, and Noah notes that one of the candidates that the Twins are looking at is Jonathan Lucroy. Noah also reports that the Brewers talked with Lucroy in the preseason about an extension.
- Mike Fiers is also drawing some interest as a trade candidate leading up to the trade deadline. Over on BP Milwaukee, Derek Harvey says that there's little reason to trade Fiers for now.
- What will the beginning of a Brewers rebuild look like? Julien Assouline of BP Milwaukee looks at the first moves that the Brewers will make in a rebuild.
- Over on Baseball Prospectus, ten writers of the site make their best pitches to acquire the services of Carlos Gomez. Also, Nick Shlain has a trade deadline profile of Aramis Ramirez.
- Nicholas Zettel of Disciples of Uecker takes a look at what the Brewers roster could look like entering the 2016 season.
- The competitive balance lottery took place yesterday, and the Brewers ended up with a pick in the second round of picks.
- Over in the FanPosts, nullacct takes a look at the WPA of the Brewers position players by game.
- Adam McCalvy of Brewers.com reports that, despite another rough start, Craig Counsell is going to stick with Kyle Lohse for now. Meanwhile, Wily Peralta made his third rehab start on Tuesday, and his next step is currently uncertain.
- Jonathan Broxton has had a rough season in the Brewers bullpen. Ryan Romano of BP Milwaukee tries to figure out what to make of Broxton's rough season.
- Analyzing the starting pitchers, Nicholas Zettel looks at the run support that the starting pitchers have received, as well as Matt Garza's performance on Tuesday night.
Minor League Update
|Colorado Springs Sky Sox||AAA||39-56||Colorado Springs 4, Nashville 3||Nashville @ Colorado Springs|
|Biloxi Shuckers||AA||54-39||Pensacola 6, Biloxi 4||Biloxi @ Pensacola|
|Brevard County Manatees||A+||41-53||Brevard County @ St. Lucie (PPD)||Brevard County @ St. Lucie (DH)|
|Wisconsin Timber Rattlers||A||31-65||Cedar Rapids 5, Wisconsin 4||Wisconsin @ Cedar Rapids|
|DSL Brewers||R||18-27||DSL Marlins 7, DSL Brewers 3||DSL Marlins @ DSL Brewers|
|Helena Brewers||R||15-17||Missoula 7, Helena 2||Helena @ Missoula|
|AZL Brewers||R||11-15||AZL Brewers 10, AZL Dodgers 5||AZL Brewers @ AZL Giants|
News & Notes
- In Tuesday's game, Monte Harrison broke his leg and ankle, and will miss the rest of the season.
- Alex M. Smith of MLB.com notes that Demi Orimoloye of the AZL Brewers hit two home runs in a 3-for-4 game with 7 RBI last night.
- Damien Magnifico of Biloxi was placed on the DL and the Brewers signed LHP Jeremy Horst to fill the roster space in Biloxi.
- On his Minor Details blog, Jeff Levering has an update on several players in the Brewers minor league system.
- The Brewers announced yesterday that they have signed a total of seven players in the international signing period that began earlier this month. The class of signees is led by catcher Jose Sibrian and outfielder Jesus Lujano.
- Over on Reviewing the Brew, Kyle Lesniewski has an interview with Brewers draft pick Gentry Fortuno.
NL Central Update
- Cardinals 3, White Sox 2
- Royals 5, Pirates 1
- Reds 9, Cubs 1
- Cubs 6, Reds 5
Today's Division Games
- Nationals (Doug Fister) @ Royals (Francisco Liriano) - 6:05 pm
- Royals (Chris Young) @ Cardinals (John Lackey) - 6:15 pm
- Cubs and Reds have the day off.
The Brewers head to Arizona for a four-game series against the Diamondbacks. In game one, Mike Fiers will face Zack Godley, who will be making his MLB debut. First pitch is at 8:40 pm.