It looked like another bad day for the Brewers as they fell behind 4-0 after an inning and a half. However, the offense responded to make up for Peralta's bad day. Khris Davis hit two home runs, and Ryan Braun also hit a home run to help. Adam Lind also provided three hits in the win.
Brewers News & Notes
- After yesterday's game, the Brewers placed Tyler Cravy on the 15-day disabled list with a right shoulder impingement. They will stick with a four-man rotation for the immediate future and make a corresponding roster move tomorrow.
- With his home run yesterday, Ryan Braun took sole possession of first place on the Brewers career home run leaderboard.
- In addition, with his save yesterday, Francisco Rodriguez moved up to seventh all-time on the career saves list with #378.
- With two home runs yesterday, Khris Davis collected his fourth multi-HR game of the season, with three of them coming in the month of August alone.
- Shane Peterson went 1-for-4 yesterday leading off, and he has been a fixture in the Brewers lineup since the trade of Carlos Gomez. Over on BP Milwaukee, Derek Harvey asks if it is viable to continue starting Peterson until other options in the minors are ready.
- Eleven days remain until August 31, the last day that teams can make waiver trades and acquire players for playoff rosters. Nick Michalski of The Brewers Bar asks if the Brewers are going to trade any players prior to this deadline.
Minor League Update
|Colorado Springs Sky Sox||AAA||52-72||Colorado Springs 9, Tacoma 4||Tacoma @ Colorado Springs|
|Biloxi Shuckers||AA||68-50||Biloxi @ Jackson||Biloxi @ Jackson (DH)|
|Brevard County Manatees||A+||51-69||Daytona 4, Brevard County 0
Daytona 3, Brevard County 0
|Brevard County @ Clearwater|
|Wisconsin Timber Rattlers||A||40-80||Quad Cities 3, Wisconsin 2
Quad Cities 8, WIsconsin 1
|Wisconsin @ Quad Cities|
|DSL Brewers||R||31-38||DSL Brewers 11, DSL Yankees2 2||DSL Yankees2 @ DSL Brewers|
|Helena Brewers||R||20-35||Ogden 4, Helena 2||Helena @ Ogden|
|AZL Brewers||R||22-26||AZL Brewers 5, AZL Royals 1||AZL White Sox @ AZL Brewers|
NL Central Update
Today's Division Games
- Giants (Jake Peavy) @ Pirates (Charlie Morton) - 6:05 pm
- Diamondbacks (Patrick Corbin) @ Reds (John Lamb) - 6:10 pm
- Braves (Mike Foltynewicz) @ Cubs (Jake Arrieta) - 7:05 pm
- Cardinals have the day off.
- The Dodgers acquired Chase Utley and cash from the Phillies in exchange for two minor-league players. They also designated infielder Alberto Callaspo for assignment.
- The Pirates signed outfielder Travis Snider to a minor-league deal.
- The Reds placed outfielder Billy Hamilton on the disabled list with a sprained right shoulder.
The Brewers have the day off. They return to action tomorrow to begin a road trip in Washington against the Nationals.