It was a good night for the Brewers offense and a bad night for the Brewers pitchers. On offense, the Brewers managed to hit four home runs, two of those coming from Jonathan Lucroy. He went 3-for-5 on the night, while Ryan Braun also hit a home run and was 2-for-4. However, the Brewers pitched their way out of this game early. Wily Peralta allowed four runs in 2.2 innings, and just seemed to be off all night. Kyle Lohse came in and was worse, allowing five runs in 2.1 innings, and Will Smith allowed the other two runs in one inning.
Brewers News & Notes
- Derek has a series preview of the Brewers-Indians series.
- After yesterday's game, there were some concerns that Wily Peralta may be dealing with a dead arm. However, Peralta says that he is feeling fine and not dealing with a dead arm.
- In his first four games with the Brewers, Domingo Santana has made an impact with his bat in the lineup. Adam McCalvy of Brewers.com notes that the Brewers like the opposite field power that Santana provides.
- Some of Taylor Jungmann's success comes from his knowledge of which pitches to throw less often to make them more effective. Eno Sarris on FanGraphs looks at Jungmann's pitch selection and how he uses his choices to his advantage.
- Why has Jonathan Lucroy been struggling this season? Justin Schultz of The First Out At Third attempts to answer that question by looking at his batted ball stats to find some trends.
- Khris Davis has been red hot in the month of August. Over on BP Milwaukee, Derek Harvey analyzes if this hot streak is legitimate or not.
- Also on BP Milwaukee, J.P. Breen notes that a new trend of bullpen spending has actually resulted in positive growth for teams. In addition, Ryan Romano looks at how a change in delivery has helped Kyle Lohse.
Minor League Update
|Colorado Springs Sky Sox||AAA||56-74||Colorado Springs 10, El Paso 4||Colorado Springs @ El Paso|
|Biloxi Shuckers||AA||73-52||Biloxi 9, Mobile 0||Mobile @ Biloxi|
|Brevard County Manatees||A+||54-72||Lakeland 2, Brevard County 1||OFF|
|Wisconsin Timber Rattlers||A||44-82||Wisconsin 6, Burlington 3||Burlington @ Wisconsin|
|Helena Brewers||R||24-37||Missoula 11, Helena 4||Helena @ Missoula|
|AZL Brewers||R||23-30||AZL Dodgers 4, AZL Brewers 2||AZL Brewers @ AZL Dodgers|
News & Notes
- On Monday night, the AZL Brewers had a great game on the basepaths, stealing a total of 12 bases in 13 attempts.
- Demi Orimoloye has been rising fast since he made his debut in the Brewers system earlier this year. William Boor of MLB.com has a profile of the Brewers prospect.
- Pitching prospect Nathan Kirby was placed on the DL at Class A Wisconsin on Monday with an elbow injury. He is scheduled to visit Brewers team physician Willaim Raasch for further examination.
NL Central Update
Today's Division Games
- Dodgers (Brett Anderson) @ Reds (David Holmberg) - 6:10 pm
- Pirates (Jeff Locke) @ Marlins (Chris Narveson) - 6:10 pm
- Cardinals (John Lackey) @ Diamondbacks (Patrick Corbin) - 8:40 pm
- Cubs (Kyle Hendricks) @ Giants (Jake Peavy) - 9:15 pm
- The Braves recalled catcher Christian Bethancourt and RHP Sugar Ray Marimon, designated reliever David Aardsma for assignment, and optioned outfielder Eury Perez.
- The Blue Jays claimed RHP Donn Roach off waivers from the Reds and transferred pitcher Michael Saunders to the 60-day DL.
- The Cubs placed right fielder Jorge Soler on the 15-day DL with a strained oblique and RHP Jason Motte on the DL with a strained right shoulder. They allso recalled infielder Tommy La Stella and LHP Zac Rosscup.
- The Diamondbacks designated outfielder Danny Dorn for assignment.
- The Giants placed LHP Jeremy Affeldt on the 15-day DL with a left knee subluxation that he sustained while playing with his kids. They also recalled RHP Mike Broadway.
- The Nationals activated Denard Span from the 15-day DL.
- The Orioles designated outfielder Nolan Reimold for assignment, placed shortstop J.J. Hardy on the 15-day DL with a groin strain, reinstated utility player Steve Pearce from the disabled list, and recalled RHP Jorge Rondon. They also selected the contract of infielder Paul Janish and outrighted RHP Eddie Gamboa.
- The Rangers signed outfielder Drew Stubbs to a minor league contract.
- The Yankees placed starting pitcher CC Sabathia on the 15-day DL with a knee injury and re-signed pitcher Chris Capuano.
- Want to know how MLB logos have evolved over the years? Chris Cwik of Big League Stew has a GIF that shows how the logos for all 30 MLB teams have evolved over the years.
The Brewers finish up their quick two-game series in Cleveland. Jimmy Nelson takes on Cody Anderson in the finale tonight. First pitch is at 6:10 pm.