The Brewers had the day off.
Brewers News & Notes
- While we all had no expectations of the Brewers making the playoffs, any hope of it has officially ended. With their loss on Sunday, the Brewers were unceremoniously mathematically eliminated from the playoff race. Mike Oz of Big League Stew has one of the first season reviews for the Brewers.
- Currently, the Brewers hold the seventh pick in the 2016 draft, and are six games ahead of Arizona for a top ten protected pick. Over on BP Milwaukee, Jack Moore argues that protected picks aren't a good idea because they encourage teams to underperform.
- Michael Bradburn of BP Milwaukee reviewed the Brewers schedule for the 2016 season and notes that the first month of the season will be brutal.
- Taylor Jungmann has been pitching well in the majors, but will that continue into 2016? Justin Schultz of The First Out At Third doesn't believe so, expecting a decline in Taylor Jungmann's stats next season.
- Over on Disciples of Uecker, Nicholas Zettel analyzes what makes Khris Davis a good baseball player, as well as Zach Davies' pitching tendencies in his first few starts.
- The Brewers announced that the 2016 Brewers On Deck event will take place on January 31. Cait Covers the Bases reports that tickets will go on sale starting today.
Minor League Update
|Biloxi Shuckers||AA||0-0||Championship Series begins September 16|
News & Notes
- The Championship Series is set in the Southern League. The Chattanooga Lookouts defeated the Montgomery Biscuits in their division series 3 games to 1. They will travel to Biloxi for the first two games, with the remaining three being played in Chattanooga.
- The Shuckers have also announced their rotation for the championship series.
Game 1: Jorge Lopez
Game 2: Adrian Houser
Game 3: Tyler Wagner
Game 4: Josh Hader
Game 5: Jorge Ortega
- Over in his Minor Details blog, Jeff Levering looks back at the Division Series for the Biloxi Shuckers.
- Brad Krause of Miller Park Prospects reviews the 2015 season for the DSL Brewers.
NL Central Update
- Giants 5, Reds 3
- Cardinals, Pirates, and Cubs all had the day off.
Today's Division Games
- Cubs (Jason Hammel) @ Pirates (Gerrit Cole) - 12:35 pm
- Cubs (Jon Lester) @ Pirates (J.A. Happ) - 7:05 pm
- Reds (John Lamb) @ Giants (Chris Heston) - 9:15 pm
The Brewers return to Miller Park tonight to open a three-game series against the Cardinals. Carlos Martinez opens for St. Louis, and Ariel Pena will make his second start for the Brewers. First pitch is at 7:10 pm.