The Brewers had the day off.
Brewers News & Notes
- Jorge Lopez will make his MLB debut tonight against San Diego after a very successful season in Biloxi. Over on Disciples of Uecker, Nicholas Zettel has a profile of Lopez.
- Jorge Lopez has had a tough road to the majors, as he has had to balance his baseball career with caring for his sick son. Adam McCalvy of Brewers.com looks at the tough year that Lopez has had between balancing his time in Biloxi and caring for his kid.
- When Khris Davis returned to a full-time starting role, there was a general negative reaction to the move. However, was it the proper reaction? Derek Harvey of BP Milwaukee says that it wasn't, and that biases in baseball have painted Khris Davis in a negative light.
- In the last several years, the Brewers have seen a decline in outfield assists, signaling the decline of outfield arms for the Brewers. Ryan Romano looks at some of the recent draft picks and asks if any of them could help change that perception.
Minor League Update
- Orlando Arcia has another honor to add to his collection. Todd Rosiak of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reports that Arcia won a minor-league Gold Glove award for his play at shortstop in Biloxi this season.
- On The Shuck Dynasty blog, they cover the recent debuts and other notes for the six promoted Biloxi players, including pictures from their rookie hazing day.
- Demi Orimoloye has had a surprising start to his professional career, and he is continuing it in the instructional league this fall. Jonathan Mayo of MLB.com profiles Orimoloye as he begins his fall season in the Brewers system.
NL Central Update
Today's Division Games
- Cardinals (Michael Wacha) @ Pirates (Charlie Morton) - 6:05 pm
- Cubs (Dan Haren) @ Reds (Josh Smith) - 6:10 pm
- The Angels signed pitcher Mat Latos for the rest of the regular season. He will be ineligible for the postseason since he signed in September.
- Athletics starting pitcher Sonny Gray will not pitch again this season due to a sore left hip. He has been scratched from his final start of the season on Wednesday.
- Cardinals outfielder Stephen Piscotty left yesterday's game with a bruised head, and had to be carted off of the field. He was held at a hospital overnight for observation.
- The Mariners have hired former Angels GM Jerry Dipoto as their new general manager.
- The Nationals have added on a four-game team suspension to Jonathan Papelbon's three-game MLB suspension, ending his 2015 season. Meanwhile fans are banding together and have pledged thousands of dollars to charity if the Nationals cut Papelbon, who is under contract through next year.
The Brewers begin their final road series of the season tonight in San Diego. Jorge Lopez makes his MLB debut tonight against Tyson Ross of the Padres. First pitch is at 9:10 pm.
Need a reason to watch tonight's broadcast? During the broadcast, new Brewers GM David Stearns will be on the broadcast in the top of the third inning to talk with Brian Anderson and Bill Schroeder.