While the results weren't pretty for Zach Davies, the feelings coming out of his first start are positive ones. He allowed four runs on four hits and three walks in 4.1 innings pitched last night, but there was a lot to feel good about. His pitches were working well, and he kept the Pirates scoreless for the first three innings. Meanwhile, the offense made to score more than enough to back him up. Jean Segura and Ryan Braun both had three-hit nights, while Jonathan Lucroy, Khris Davis, and Adam Lind added two hits each. Lind also had a home run, and Lucroy drove in three runs.
Brewers News & Notes
- One pitch that was working well last night for Zach Davies was his changeup. Adam McCalvy of Brewers.com reports that Jonathan Lucroy sees a version of Shaun Marcum in Davies approach as a pitcher.
- Brad Krause of Miller Park Prospects has a profile of the newest Brewers starting pitcher, Zach Davies.
- Aramis Ramirez returned to Miller Park for the first (and only) time since being traded back in July. Todd Rosiak of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel spoke with Ramirez about the time he spent in Milwaukee.
- Nicholas Zettel of Disciples of Uecker finishes up his series on the draft legacies of Jack Zduriencik and Bruce Seid by looking at some of their rougher drafts. He also looks back at the Scott Linebrink trade from 2007 and the impact it had on the organization.
- David Laurila of FanGraphs has some quotes from Scooter Gennett about his plate approach and some of his struggles this season.
- If the Brewers decided to trade Khris Davis this offseason, what could they get for him? Derek Harvey of BP Milwaukee looks at some comparable trades that could provide insight into the value that the Brewers could get for Davis.
- Also on BP Milwaukee, Xavier Alatorre takes a more upbeat look at the current state of the Brewers by focusing on the positives of the 2015 Brewers team.
Minor League Update
|Colorado Springs Sky Sox||AAA||60-78||Omaha 4, Colorado Springs 3||Omaha @ Colorado Springs|
|Biloxi Shuckers||AA||76-56||OFF||Tennessee @ Biloxi|
|Brevard County Manatees||A+||55-76||OFF||Daytona @ Brevard County|
|Wisconsin Timber Rattlers||A||49-85||Cedar Rapids 7, Wisconsin 1||Cedar Rapids @ Wisconsin|
|Helena Brewers||R||29-38||OFF||Helena @ Billings|
News & Notes
- Biloxi shortstop Orlando Arcia and starting pitcher Jorge Lopez were selected to the Southern League Post-season All-Star team.
NL Central Update
- Nationals 4, Cardinals 3
- Reds 7, Cubs 4
Today's Division Games
- Cardinals, Cubs, and Reds all have the day off.
The Brewers wrap up their three game series against the Pirates this evening. Taylor Jungmann will face Francisco Liriano as the Brewers go for the three-game sweep. First pitch is at the slightly earlier time of 6:20 pm.