Bad nights happen to all pitchers, and Taylor Jungmann had his third bad night of the year with the Brewers yesterday. He only made it through 3 2/3 innings, allowing six runs on seven hits and two walks. The home run ball hurt him, as he allowed two in the game after allowing just three in his first sixteen starts. The Brewers offense tried to pick him up, with the team collecting thirteen hits. Both Ryan Braun and Jean Segura had three-hit days, and Jason Rogers and Domingo Santana each added two hits. Santana also hit his seventh home run of the season in the game. However, it wasn't enough to finish the comeback.
Brewers News & Notes
- MLB released the full schedules for 2016 for all 30 MLB teams yesterday. We took a look at the Brewers schedule, which includes an Opening Day series against the Giants, early interleague action in April, and a final month spent mostly on the road.
- Domingo Santana has been playing so well since his promotion that he is forcing his way into the lineup for 2016. Adam McCalvy of Brewers.com reports that Santana's strong bat could allow him to stick in center field if necessary for next season.
- Nevin Ashley spent ten years in the minors before finally earning his first promotion. Adam McCalvy looks at the career path for Ashley, who nearly walked away from baseball a few years ago.
- Brad Krause of Miller Park Prospects has a profile of the newest Brewers catcher, Nevin Ashley.
Minor League Update
|Biloxi Shuckers||AA||77-59||Playoffs begin September 10|
|Helena Brewers||R||32-42||Helena 3, Missoula 1||End of Season|
News & Notes
- The Shuck Dynasty blog has a preview of the Southern League Division Series for the Biloxi Shuckers, including expected starting pitchers and players to watch during the series.
- The Brewers announced their August award winners for minor league players yesterday. Helena outfielder Trent Clark took the Player of the Month award, and Biloxi starting pitcher Jorge Lopez received the Pitcher of the Month award.
- Also, Colorado Springs first baseman Matt Clark took the player of the week award for the last week of the PCL season.
NL Central Update
Today's Division Games
- Cubs (Jon Lester) @ Cardinals (Carlos Martinez) - 12:45 pm
- Pirates (J.A. Happ) @ Reds (Keyvius Sampson) - 6:10 pm
- The Marlins claimed utility player Tommy Medica off of waivers from the Padres.
- The Mets are making plans to limit Matt Harvey's workload in preparation for the the playoffs while keeping him available for as many important innings as possible.
- The Orioles activated shortstop J.J. Hardy from the 15-day DL.
- The Red Sox activated second baseman from the 15-day DL.
- The Reds activated center fielder Billy Hamilton from the 15-day DL.
- The Tigers designated outfielder Daniel Fields for assignment.
The Brewers and Marlins finish up their three game series with a rubber match tonight at Marlins Park. Ariel Pena will make his first MLB start tonight, facing Tom Koehler of the Marlins. First pitch is at 6:10 pm.