Brewers News & Notes
- The countdown to Opening Day is at 84 days. For today's countdown post, Derek looked back at the 1984 Milwaukee Brewers. He also revisited the 86th strikeout of Ben Sheets and the 85th home run of Bill Hall as part of the series.
- On Friday, we welcomes writer Michael Trzinski to the fold here at BCB. His opening piece is a look back on his decades as a Brewers fan.
- What are your thoughts on the Brewers signing of Chris Carter? In a poll posted by Travis on Friday, 74% of voters are in favor of the signing, with 25% strongly in favor of it.
- The Brewers haven't had much luck with players getting into the Hall of Fame in recent years, and it doesn't seem to be improving any time soon. Andrew Salzman of BP Milwaukee looks through recent Brewers players to find which ones could have a shot at the Hall of Fame after their careers are done.
- Reviewing the Brew also has a countdown ongoing to Opening Day, and their countdown from Sunday focused on a 25 inning game in 1984 and Cecil Cooper's 85th home run.
- Another group of Brewers employees that doesn't get time off during the offseason is the Brewers retail department. Cait Covers the Bases has a look at the people who work with retail and what they do all year.
- Over in the FanPosts, danhoff lists 20 players that he thinks will improve in 2016.
Minor League Update
- The Brewers continued to add to their list of non-roster invitees for spring training as they signed LHP Pat Misch to a minor league deal with an invite to the major league camp.
- Adam McIntosh of Reviewing the Brew has a short profile on Kodi Medeiros.
- The Indians signed pitcher Zach McAllister to a one-year, $1.3 million contract, avoiding arbitration.
- The Mariners will retire Ken Griffey Jr's #24 throughout their organization in a ceremony next season. It will be the first number retired by the Mariners.
- The Nationals traded reliever Drew Storen to the Blue Jays for outfielder Ben Revere. They also hired former Marlins manager/GM Dan Jennings as a special assistant to the GM.