Brewers News & Notes
- The countdown to Opening Day is at 83 days. In today's post, Derek steps back a year and looks at the 1983 Brewers.
- Jonathan Lucroy remains a Brewer for now, but it still remains to be seen how much longer he will remain one. Kyle argues that the Brewers should trade Lucroy now because the risk of holding onto him is too high.
- Beginning a series on the current state of the Brewers midway through the offseason, Travis takes a look at the current state of the bullpen.
- Ever wanted to learn more about advanced statistics? Fred Hofstetter has a guide to help you out there, starting with some outfield statistics.
- Spring workouts are on their way, and the dates have been announced for all 30 MLB clubs. The Brewers will have pitchers and catchers report on February 21, with all players set to report on February 25.
- When Bud Selig became the owner of the Brewers, he faced a challenge as an owner of a small market team. Jack Moore of Disciples of Uecker takes a look back at the battle that Selig faced in his years as owner of the team.
- Over on Disciples of Uecker, Nicholas Zettel looks at how efficiency relates to getting wins.
- The voting is open for Free Shirt Fridays, and Cait Covers the Bases has the details on how you can vote for your favorite designs.
Minor League Update
- Adam McCalvy reports that the Brewers voided the contract of pitcher Nick Hagadone after signifcant concerns came up following his physical.
- Adam McIntosh of Reviewing the Brew has a profile of RHP Devin Williams.
- The Cardinals signed Korean pitcher Seung-Hwan Oh to a one-year contract with an option for 2017.