Brewers News & Notes
- The countdown to Opening Day is at 75 days. Continuing in the recent series of previous teams, today's post looks at the 1975 Brewers.
- While the list for Brewers On Deck contains some good names, it also will be missing some of the bigger veterans. Kyle notes that one of the bigger names missing is Jonathan Lucroy.
- In addition to missing Brewers On Deck, Lucroy increased some of the talk about a potential trade when he mentioned that he wants to win. Tom Singer of MLB.com notes that while he didn't say anything directly, he did hint that he wants to be traded to a contender.
- While traditional scouts are still used by many teams, the presence of advanced analytics grows by the year. Gary D'Amato of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel looks at the presence of advanced statistics and how they are used in baseball.
- As the projected starter at first base for 2016, Chris Carter could be in line for a bounce-back season, but could also continue to struggle. Ryan Romano of BP Milwaukee looks at the problems with trying to predict inconsistent hitters.
- The recent quotes from Lucroy showing him as defeated don't sit well with some people. Nicholas Zettel of Disciples of Uecker understands why Lucroy feels as he does, but also thinks he needs to have a better attitude entering the season.
- What could the Brewers get for Lucroy in a trade? Adam McIntosh of Reviewing the Brew tries to predict a good trade for the catcher.
- The full schedule for 2016 was announced yesterday by the Brewers. The Brewer Nation blog has the schedule with all start times filled in.
- MLB settled a lawsuit against their MLB.TV service yesterday just before it was set to go to trial. The settlement includes reduced costs for the service and options to stream in-market games.
- Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton has declared daily fantasy sports illegal in the state of Texas, becoming the fifth state to specifically rule against the industry.
- The Angels designated utility player Efren Navarro for assignment..
- The Dodgers signed RHP Joe Blanton to a one-year, $4 million contract.
- The Pirates claimed RHP A.J. Schugel off of waivers from the Mariners and designated RHP Yoervis Medina for assignment.
- Rangers pitcher Yu Darvish is being investigated by MLB after his brother was arrested for running an illegal gambling ring.
- The Reds will induct Pete Rose into their Hall of Fame this summer.
- The Royals signed outfielder Lorenzo Cain to a two-year, $17.5 million contract, buying out his last two years of arbitration.
- The Yankees avoided arbitration with RHP Nathan Eovaldi with a one-year, $5.6 million contract.