Brewers News & Notes
- The countdown to Opening Day is at 70 days. We're nearing the end of the Brewers teams as today's post focuses on the 1970 Brewers. There are also posts from the weekend on the 1971 Brewers and the 1972 Brewers.
- While the Brewers aren't looking for major upgrades, they are looking for players that can help fill the gaps in 2016. Kyle notes that the Brewers have checked in on Austin Jackson, and he could be a fit for a year at the right price.
- Continuing in the series on the Top 10 Prospects at each position, Travis notes that no Brewers prospects made the top 10 for catchers.
- Carrie Muskat of MLB.com reports that former Milwaukee Braves pitcher Joe Adcock was elected to the Miller Park Walk of Fame, earning 67.6% of the votes.
- One topic of discussion this offseason has been whether Khris Davis should be traded or not. Justin Schultz of Disciples of Uecker discusses the pros and cons of trading him.
- A vote for keeping the DH out of the NL is a vote for more pitchers at the plate. Seth Victor of BP Milwaukee looks at the lack of success of Brewers pitchers as batters.
- Over on Miller Park Prospects, Dustin Mazurek has a profile of former pitching prospect Michael Blazek.
- The full schedule for the Brewers On Deck event was announced on Friday. The Brewer Nation blog has the complete details.
- The Mets signed outfielder Yoenis Cespedes to a three-year, $75 million contract with an opt-out available after one year. They also designated RHP Carlos Torres for assignment.
- The Twins avoided arbitration with RHP Kevin Jepsen and signed him to a $5.3125 million contract. They also claimed LHP Mike Strong off waivers and designated LHP Logan Darnell for assignment.
- RHP Jared Burton received a fifty-game suspension for a second positive test for a drug of abuse under the minor-league drug testing policy.