Brewers News & Notes
- The Opening Day countdown is at 67 days. Today, Derek looked at the 67 steals from the 1977 Brewers.
- The Brewers continued to miss the list of top prospects in MLB Pipeline's position by position top tens, missing out on the third base list as well. However, Derek says that shouldn't give you a reason to panic.
- Kyle continues his series on some of the worst teams in franchise history with a look at the 1998 Brewers.
- The Brewers did well with their new alternate jerseys, but what teams didn't do well with theirs? Travis takes a look at some of the worst jerseys in MLB history.
- A couple of months ago, Jack Moore wrote on BP Milwaukee about the worst decision in Brewers history: moving away from the ball and glove logo. With the new alternate jersey using the logo entering the rotation, Seth Victor says that this helps to correct that decision.
- Miller Park has undergone a few changes during the offseason, and Cait Covers the Bases goes through the list of additions and changes made to the park.
Minor League Update
- For a behind the scenes look at the Brewers new farm director, Kyle Lobner of TimberRattlers.com has a profile of Tom Flanagan, who is stepping into the role after 26 years in the Brewers organization.
- Dustin Mazurek of Miller Park Prospects looks at the development of Taylor Jungmann through the minors and his first season in the majors.
- Southern Living magazine named Biloxi's MGM Park as #21 in its list of places to visit in the South.
- In Rob Manfred's first season, he instituted a few pace of game changes, including the clock for between innings and rules on the batter's box. Chris Cwik of Big League Stew notes that, in his second season as GM, Rob Manfred may make additional changes to increase the pace of games. Proposed changes include a possible time limit for mound visits/pitching change decisions, and additional time taken out of commercial breaks.
- The Angels acquired corner infielder Jefry Marte from the Tigers for second baseman Kody Eaves, and designated infielder Ronald Torreyes for assignment.
- The Dodgers outrighted pitcher Brandon Beachy.
- The Mets designated outfielder Darrell Ceciliani for assignment.
- The Rangers signed RHP Nick Tepesch to a minor-league deal.
- Tim Lincecum is still looking for a new team this offseason, but he has some supporters. Justin Bopp of MLB Daily Dish notes that MySpace founder Tom Anderson and Smash Mouth offered to pay to keep Lincecum as a Giant.