Brewers News & Notes
- The countdown to Opening Day is at 66 days. Today's post focuses on the player currently wearing #66 in the organization: Hiram Burgos.
- The good calls by the writers of BCB continued yesterday, as the Brewers acquired outfielder Rymer Liriano in a trade with the Padres. In the trade, the Brewers sent LHP Trevor Seidenberger to San Diego in the trade, and designated Shane Peterson for assignment to clear a roster space.
- The MLB Pipeline lists continued with the shortstop position, and Kyle notes that Orlando Arcia came in as the third best shortstop prospect in the minors.
- Why are you still a Brewers fan? It's a question that L. Jon Wertheim and Sam Sommers try to tackle in their new book, "This Is Your Brain on Sports". Kyle Lobner read through the book and has a review of it.
- New spring training jerseys and caps were released across baseball yesterday, including a new design for the Brewers that uses their new alternate jersey.
- One positive element of the team last year has been the bullpen, as it was one of the best in years. Ryan Romano of BP Milwaukee asks what the chances are of the bullpen putting together another solid year.
- With speculation on a Jonathan Lucroy trade continuing, Colin Anderle of BP Milwaukee attempts to set odds on the chances of the top teams acquiring Lucroy.
- Cray Allred of MLB Trade Rumors has an interview with Brewers GM David Stearns. Topics include the current acquisition strategy and the status of Jonathan Lucroy.
Minor League Update
- As part of a Throwback Thursday, Chris Collins of Miller Park Prospects looks at their top ten Brewers prospects in each of the last seven seasons.