Brewers News & Notes
- The countdown to Opening Day is at 87 days. In today's post, Derek continues with the Chris Carter tie-in by looking at his 87th home run.
- Carter's signing fills a need that the Brewers have had to deal with since the Adam Lind trade. Travis discussed how Carter will fit in to the Brewers roster.
- What can we expect to see from Chris Carter as a Brewer? Kyle breaks down Chris Carter's stats to give you an idea of what to expect from him in 2016.
- How well do you know which Brewers have recorded a save in the last ten seasons? That's Kyle Lobner's challenge to you in this week's Thursday Thinker.
- With the Carter signing done, Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel has a very early look at the starting lineup for 2016.
- In addition, Haudricourt looks at the top prospects by position in the minors.
- Over on Disciples of Uecker, Nicholas Zettel takes a quick look at Chris Carter (and throws in a bit of Brewers trivia as a bonus).
- The Brewer Nation blog has the full press release from the Carter signing, as well as a commentary on the signing.
- Adam McIntosh of Reviewing the Brew sees Chris Carter as a player with a high ceiling.
- J.P. Breen of BP Milwaukee looks at the positives that come from signing Carter.
- Looking at former Brewers on the Hall of Fame Ballot, Adam McCalvy notes that Trevor Hoffman led the four former Brewers by appearing on 67.3% of ballots. Gary Sheffield appeared on 11.6% of ballots and will remain next year, while Jim Edmonds and Jason Kendall fell under 5% and will not be on the ballot again next year.
- Ken Griffey Jr. and Mike Piazza both confirmed what cap they will wear on their Hall of Fame plaques. Griffey will wear a Mariners cap, and Piazza will wear a Mets cap.
- The Dodgers designated infielder Ronald Torreyes for assignment.
- The Giants signed outfielder Denard Span to a three-year, $31 million contract.
- The Mariners signed RHP Ryan Cook to a minor-league contract.
- The Pirates signed RHP Trey Haley to a major league contract.
- The White Sox claimed outfileder Daniel Fields off of waivers from the Dodgers.