Links from BCB
- The countdown to Opening Day is at 48 days. Today's countdown post focuses on a player that posted an average of .048.
- The vote is currently open for the #12 prospect in the BCB Community Top Prospects poll. Currently Isan Diaz has a lead over Clint Coulter for the #12 spot.
- USA Today came out with their record predictions for all 30 teams yesterday. Travis looks at the predictions and gives his thoughts on the Brewers and some of the other teams.
- Over in the FanPosts, eddiemathews has a proposal for a minor-league team in Madison.
Other News and Notes
- As part of President's Day, Adam McCalvy of Brewers.com conducted an interview with Brewers COO Rick Schlesinger. Topics include marketing for 2016, handling the rebuilding process, and communication with the front office.
- Following the trade of Khris Davis, the Brewers have some rearranging to do with their outfield. Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel notes that the Brewers are thinking about moving Ryan Braun back to left field full time. In addition, he also discusses the Brewers advance through the rankings of different minor-league publications.
- Also on the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel site, Todd Rosiak has a video preview of the Brewers spring training.
- FanGraphs came out with their KATOH Farm System Rankings yesterday, and the Brewers came in at #1 out of all 30 MLB franchises. Chris Mitchell of FanGraphs explains the system and why they rated the Brewers first.
- The free agent compensation system has been the topic of a lot of debate recently, as many free agents have been stuck in limbo because they don't want to give up draft picks. Jack Moore of BP Milwaukee looks at how the free agent system has affected the Brewers, both on the side of acquiring picks and giving them up.