Links from BCB
- The countdown to Opening Day is at 47 days. Today's countdown post focuses on #47 Adrian Houser.
- Even though Spring Training is about to begin, some good free agents remain unsigned on the market. Derek makes one suggestion for a free agent that the Brewers could bring in: third baseman David Freese.
- The KATOH system projections came out on Monday, and the Brewers made a significant step forward as they took the top spot. Kyle has an explanation of the KATOH projections and how the Brewers took the top spot.
- There's only a few hours left to vote for the #13 prospect in the BCB Community Top Prospects poll. Currently, Clint Coulter holds a significant lead over Demi Orimoloye for the spot.
Other News and Notes
- There are several positions to be decided in spring training, with battles brewing as workouts begin. Adam McCalvy of Brewers.com previews the upcoming position battles that will be decided.
- GM David Stearns has been hard at work since he took the office in October. Tracy Ringolsby of MLB.com looks at the work that Stearns has done in his first four months on the job.
- The Brewers have made several moves this offseason, but do all of these moves only improve the team in the future, or could they also improve it today? Nicholas Zettel of Disciples of Uecker asks if the Brewers are rebuilding or just building a team counter-intuitive to normal strategies?
- Chase Anderson had a rough second season in the majors. Will he rebound in year three? Ryan Romano of BP Milwaukee asks if Chase Anderson could rebound in his first year with the Brewers.
- Following his trade to Oakland, Khris Davis spoke with Todd Rosiak of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel about the trade and his thoughts on leaving Milwaukee and heading to Oakland.
- The Brewer Nation continued their Brewers by the Jersey Numbers series with #48 Pat Misch.
Minor League Update
- Did the Brewers acquire the right player in Jacob Nottingham? Wayne Cavadi of Minor League Ball has a profile of the new catcher in the Brewers system.
- Over on Miller Park Prospects, Marcus Young has a profile of first base prospect Garrett Cooper.
- Spring training kicks off for a few teams today as pitchers and catchers report for the Cardinals, Diamondbacks, Giants, Indians, and Phillies.
- The draft and international pools for 2016 are out, and Steve Adams of MLB Trade Rumors has the full breakdown by team pool.
- The Astros avoided arbitration with designated hitter Evan Gattis and signed him to a one-year, $3.3 million contract.
- The Red Sox signed reliever Carlos Marmol to a minor-league contract with an invite to Spring Training.