Links from BCB
- The countdown to Opening Day is at 38 days. Today's post focuses on #38 Wily Peralta.
- Continuing in the spring training position battle series, Kyle has a post on the big battle coming up for the starting center field job.
- There's still a little time to vote for the final spot in BCB's Community Top Prospect vote. In the new format, Adrian Houser has a commanding lead in the poll.
- Want to write for BCB? Derek has details on how you can write postgame recaps in Spring Training following Brewers games.
Other Brewers News and Notes
- Prior to yesterday's first full team workout, owner Marrk Attanasio addressed the team with his yearly message at camp. Adam McCalvy of Brewers.com spoke with the owner about the team entering spring training and the team's situation at Maryvale.
- Scooter Gennett should get the bulk of starts at second base this year, but will probably be in a platoon situation this season. However, he wants the opportunity to start daily in 2016. Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel previews the second base position.
- Ryan Braun reported to camp in good health following back surgery this offseason. Adam McCalvy reports that Braun is feeling good and there's a plan in place to keep him healthy in camp.
- With the new lineup for the Brewers, they are expected to take more walks this year. Ryan Romano of BP Milwaukee analyzes the Brewers walk situation and why it will improve this season.
- Over on Disciples of Uecker, Nicholas Zettel takes a quick glance at the balanced order for the 2016 Brewers.
- The Brewer Nation has the full list of MLB Network's top 100 players entering 2016.
- The Arctic Tailgate is tomorrow, and players are starting to get in line to buy tickets on Saturday. Cait Covers the Bases has a few pictures of fans gathering at the park to camp out for Saturday morning.
- Chris Collins of Miller Park Prospects discusses the organization's depth chart at first base.
- MLB and the players' union have banned rolling block sides to prevent double plays in an effort to protect players from injuries due to these slides.
- The Athletics acquired outfielder Chris Coghlan from the Cubs for RHP Aaron Brooks.
- The Blue Jays signed outfielder Dominic Brown to a minor-league contract.
- The Cubs signed outfielder Dexter Fowler to a one-year, $13 million contract after a deal with the Orioles did not happen.