Brewers News & Notes
- The countdown to Opening Day is at 60 days. Today's post focuses on #60 Keon Broxton.
- There's a lot to figure out in the Brewers infield as the 2016 season approaches. Kyle tries to make sense of the current chaos in the infield and come up with a list of who will make the team.
- Over the course of last week, two different trades were made: one by the Brewers and one by the Rockies. Mike Bates believes that while the Rockies got the better player, their trade will end up being bad while the Brewers trade was the right move for the team.
- While the Brewers have done a lot of good work to stock up at different positions, they may have acquired too many players. Seth Victor of BP Milwaukee believes that a problem is coming where the Brewers will have too many players and not enough spots in the organization.
- Jacob Kornhauser has a preview of the Brewers as they enter Spring Training.
- In their Brewers by the Jersey Numbers series, The Brewer Nation has a profile of #61 Ramon Flores.
- Julien Assouline of BP Milwaukee looked back at the rookie class of 2015 and how the Brewers fit into it.
Minor League Update
- Jorge Lopez edged Trent Clark in the vote for the number three prospect in the BCB Community Top Prospect vote. The poll is now open for the #4 position.
- After several years of trying to get a consistent job with the Brewers through the minors, Taylor Green has finally retired and will join the Brewers scouting department.
- Zach Davies will probably be a central figure in the Brewers rotation in the near future, and he has a good set of skills to support him when he does arrive. Alec Dopp of Gammons Daily looks at the skills that Davies could bring to the Brewers.
- There have been a lot of changes to the number of prospects in the Brewers system. Nicholas Zettel of Disciples of Uecker looks at the list of prospects that the Brewers acquired and lost this offseason.
- The full spring training for the minor league affiliates has been announced. Marcus Young of Miller Park Propsects has the complete schedule.
- The Timber Rattlers have announced their full list of giveaways for the 2016 season, including bobbleheads, a toothbrush holder, and a Harry Potter scarf.
- The Blue Jays are officially installing a dirt infield for the 2016 season. David Schoenfield of ESPN analyzes how the turf change will affect games played at the Rogers Centre.
- The Mariners signed Korean first baseman Dae-Ho Lee to a minor-league contract.
- The Mets avoided arbitration with closer Jeurys Familia and signed him to a one year, $4.1 million contract.
- The Orioles signed LHP Hideki Okajima to a minor-league contract.
- The Pirates acquired LHP Jesse Biddle from the Phillies for RHP Yoervis Medina. They also designed RHP A.J. Schugel for assignment.
- The Rays and starting pitcher Drew Smyly had the first arbitration case of the year on Wednesday. Results of the case are expected to come down today.
- The Royals released RHP Louis Coleman.
- Outfielder Jonny Gomes signed a one-year contract worth $2 million with the Rakuten Golden Eagles in Japan.