Links from BCB
- The countdown to Opening Day is at 33 days. Today's post focuses on #33 Chris Carter.
- Yesterday the top 30 list was released on MLB.com for the Brewers, who came in at #9 in their farm system rankings. Travis writes about the top 30 list for the Brewers and who made the list for the team.
- The qualifying offer has hurt several free agents looking for better deals. Kyle looks at many of the players who were given qualifying offers and how it affected their final contracts.
- In one of the first cases regarding domestic violence for MLB, Aroldis Chapman received a 30-game suspension. Derek discusses the implications of the suspension on future cases, as well as a few ongoing cases.
- Over in the FanPosts, Stavid Dearns talks about expectations for the 2016 season. Also, kotsaythebuzzkill asks who will be the player that the fanbase has the most problems with this season.
Other Brewers News and Notes
- First baseman Chris Carter is working to get better at the plate. William Boor of MLB.com looked at how Carter is working on his approach at the plate.
- The Brewers believe enough in Domingo Santana that they were willing to trade Khris Davis. Todd Rosiak of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel previews right field for the Brewers and the expectations for 2016.
- Opportunities will be available in 2016, and someone is going to step up with a better season than expected. Over on Disciples of Uecker, Justin Schultz thinks Domingo Santana could be the Brewers' best player this season.
- Scooter Gennett has been taking advantage of Aaron Hill for his experience at second base. William Boor wrote about how Gennett has been working with Hill in camp this year.
- For the first time entering camp, Tyler Thornburg knows that he will be going for a bullpen role. Todd Rosiak spoke with Thornburg about how he's feeling in camp this year.
- Brett Phillips has been the focus of recent viral videos, but he's also a good player. Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel looked at Phillips as a player on the field.
- Ryan Romano of BP Milwaukee looks at the Baseball Prospectus and FanGraphs projections and breaks down the expectations for 2016.
- Mike Rosenbaum of MLB.com breaks down the top 30 list released yesterday.
- Dodgers outfielder Yasiel Puig is not expected to be suspended by MLB for an alleged domestic violence incident with his sister.
- The Mariners finalized their 1-year contract with Cuban outfielder Guillermo Heredia.
- The Royals signed catcher Salvador Perez to a five-year extension with an additional $52.5 million.