Links from BCB
- The countdown to Opening Day is at 12 days. Today's post looks at #12 Martin Maldonado.
- The bullpen competition is getting a little clearer now, mainly because of some recent injuries to the team. Travis looks at a few injuries that has taken out players in the running for the Brewers bullpen, and which candidates could step up to claim the remaining spots.
Other Brewers News and Notes
- With Liriano out indefinitely (at least for a period of two months), the center field competition is going to become more important. Adam McCalvy of Brewers.com looks at how the Liriano injury changes the center field competition.
- One person Eric Young draws inspiration from is his father, who is the first base coach for the Colorado Rockies. Adam McCalvy wrote about the relationship between the father and son.
- Getting hit in the face with a pitch is one way to sustain a concussion, but what other ways would put players at risk? Julien Assouline of BP Milwaukee discusses other ways players are at risk for head injuries.
- One place the Brewers have found success lately in signing talent is Venezuela. Chris Collins of Miller Park Prospects write about the players in the Brewers system from Venezuela.
- Over on Baseball Prospectus, Adam McInturff and Craig Goldstein have some notes on a few of the Brewers pitchers.
- In the first game in Cuba since 1999, the Rays beat the Cuban national team 4-1.
- Michael Bradburn of MLB Daily Dish has the projected starting rotation for all 30 MLB teams.
- Dodgers outfielder Andre Ethier will miss 10 to 14 weeks after fracturing his right tibia.
- The Red Sox will place reliever Carson Smith on the disabled list.
It's the last off day of spring training today. The Brewers are back in action tomorrow against the Royals.