The Brewers had the day off.
Links from BCB
- The countdown to Opening Day is at 11 days. Today's countdown post focuses on what an 11 player defense could look like.
- Rumors of trades have been flying around Jonathan Lucroy all offseason. A new one popped up yesterday, that Lucroy was almost part of a three-team deal with the Braves and Astros.
- Taking a look at the other teams in the NL Central, Kyle wrote a preview of the upcoming season for the St. Louis Cardinals.
Other Brewers News and Notes
- Yadiel Rivera is trying to force his way onto the Opening Day roster with a hot spring. Adam McCalvy of Brewers.com looks at how Rivera is trying to play his way into a job on the Brewers roster.
- The Brewers are auctioning off the Opening Day "Uecker Seats" as they do every year. Cait Covers the Bases has the details on how to bid on the seats.
- Forbes released their current estimated MLB team values yesterday. As usual, the Yankees came in at #1 with a value of $3.4 billion. The Brewers held steady with an evaluation of $875 million, but fell from #21 in 2015 to #24 in 2016 out of the 30 MLB teams.
- Announcer Joe Garagiola passed away yesterday at the age of 90.
- Reports came out yesterday that Alex Rodriguez would retire after the 2017 season, when his contract with the Yankees is up. However, he later refuted those reports, saying he has not made a decision yet.
The Brewers return to the field today as they face the Royals. First pitch is at 3:05 pm, and the game is on Fox Sports Wisconsin and the Brewers Radio Network.