Links from BCB
- The countdown to Opening Day is just a weekend away at 3 days. In a contrast from yesterday's post, Derek looks at the three worst players in franchise history today.
- Finishing up a look at storylines for 2016, I wrote about my five storylines to watch this season.
- Continuing in the bold predictions series, Travis has a series of bold predictions for 2016.
Other Brewers News and Notes
- The Brewers officially placed Sean Nolin, Rymer Liriano, and Zack Jones on the disabled list yesterday. Chris Abshire of MLB.com writes that there's also additional concern for Nolin, whose MRI revealed a significant UCL injury.
- It's been a long road to Opening Day, but Wily Peralta will get his first Opening Day start on Monday. Adam McCalvy of Brewers.com writes about Peralta's path to this day.
- Scooter Gennett is still looking for his chance to prove that he can handle hitting left-handed pitching. Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel wrote that Gennett wants the Opening Day start even though it's against a top left-handed pitcher.
- With Will Smith out for a while, the bullpen roles are up in the air. Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel writes that the bullpen roles will have to be figured out as the season progresses.
- Following the announcement that Colin Walsh has made the Opening Day roster, John Sickels of Mingor League Ball wrote about what to expect from Walsh.
- March can take it's toll on a roster. Julien Assouline of BP Milwaukee notes that the Brewers tend to see more injuries in March than any other month.
- Even though the draft is still two months away, early mock drafts are starting to come out. Gabe Stoltz of Disciples of Uecker notes that Baseball America has the Brewers taking shortstop Delvin Perez, and also write about Perez's talent.
- There's a possibility that the Sky Sox ownership may move the team to San Antonio. Tom Haudricourt reports that an announcement could come about the team moving next week.
- In the first part of the Sky Sox season preview, Aaron Cheris of SkySox.com looked at some of the players who could impact the Sky Sox this year.
- Need some ice while tailgating this year? Cait Covers the Bases reports that the Brewers have installed new ice machines in the parking lots at Miller Park for anyone who needs to buy ice while tailgating.
- The Cubs signed RHP to a minor-league contract.
- The Diamondbacks released infielder Joaquin Arias.
- Orioles outfielder Hyun-soo Kim has refused an assignment to the minor leagues, meaning that the Orioles will have to keep him on the 25-man roster or grant him his release.
- The Reds placed outfielder Jake Cake on waivers.
- Following the reports of Matt Harvey's bladder infection, many people made jokes about what happened to the starting pitcher. However, Harvey is pretty mad about the jokes of what was a serious medical issue for him.
The Brewers have one more game against the Astros today, then head to Biloxi for an exhibition game against the Shuckers. Both games start at 1:10 pm, and Friday's game is on MLB Network.