It was one of those games to just forget about. Taylor Jungmann allowed eight runs in just two innings of work, and the game was basically over. Chris Carter had a solo home run to account for the Brewers only offense.
Brewers News & Notes
Links from BCB
- Before the first game of the Cardinals series yesterday, Derek put together a preview for the three-game series.
- Remaining behind in Wisconsin is Will Smith, who remained in Milwaukee to continue rehab on his knee. The left-hander is making progress in his recovery, and Derek has an update on the current status of Smith.
- One player recently added in the Brewers minor league system is RHP Jorge Zavala. Kyle put together a profile of the newest pitching prospect.
- The Rangers recently lost their catcher, Robinson Chirinos, for as long as three months with a broken right forearm. Kyle wonders if this injury will rekindle the Rangers interest in Jonathan Lucroy.
- Need a site for daily fantasy sports? Derek has an advertisement for FanDuel yesterday talking about their site.
- Over in the FanPosts, icelandreliant tells a story of when Chuck Crim played first base.
Other Brewers News and Notes
- Just how bad was Jungmann's start yesterday? Adam McCalvy has some stats to show just how bad his start was.
- Jimmy Nelson was dominant against the Astros on Sunday, and has put together two great starts to begin the season. Over on BP Milwaukee, Jack Moore analyzes just how dominant Nelson was with his fastball on Sunday.
- As the team grows together as the season goes on, that also includes the growth of the coaching staff. Adam McCalvy writes that the new coaches are still adjusting to each other and settle into a daily routine.
- After Friday's game, there was some understandabout outrage about the call that ended the game. It's all part of the adjustment process, and Enrique Bakemeyer of The Brewers Bar says players will eventually adjust, just like they have with every other rule change.
Minor League Update
|Colorado Springs Sky Sox||AAA||2-3||Nashville 7, Colorado Springs 1||Colorado Springs @ Nashville|
|Biloxi Shuckers||AA||4-1||Biloxi 3, Chattanooga 1||Mobile @ Biloxi|
|Brevard County Manatees||A+||2-3||Brevard County 2, Fort Myers 0||Brevard County @ Fort Myers|
|Wisconsin Timber Rattlers||A||1-4||Burlington 4, Wisconsin 3||Wisconsin @ Burlington|
NL Central Update
Yesterday’s Division Games
- Pirates 7, Tigers 4
- Cubs 5, Reds 3
Today's Division Games
- Pirates (Juan Nicasio) @ Tigers (Anibal Sanchez) - 12:10 pm
- The Astros activated DH Evan Gattis from the DL and optioned infielder Matt Duffy.
- Athletics LHP Felix Doubront will undergo Tommy John surgery and miss the 2016 season.
- The Braves will designate RHP Jose Ramirez for assignment.
- The Cubs acquired LHP Giovanni Soto from the Indians.
The Brewers have the day off before continuing their series with the Cardinals tomorrow.