The Brewers had the day off.
Brewers News & Notes
Links from BCB
- In the first week of the BCB Farm Report, Kyle looks back at the first week of the minor-league season.
Other Brewers News and Notes
- Pitching coach Derek Johnson doesn't have the standard resume of a pitching coach, with no experience pitching in the majors or minors. Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel has a profile of the new pitching coach.
- Seven years ago, Jeremy Jeffress had hit a low point when he was hit with a 100 game suspension for marijuana use in the minor leagues. Adam McCalvy of Brewers.com writes that was a turning point for Jeffress, who turned his life around after that.
- Could a recent rash of injuries to catchers speed up Lucroy's trade market? Steve Altstadt of Disciples of Uecker looks at some recent injuries that may have teams inquiring on Lucroy.
- Domingo Santana has been an unlikely leadoff hitter, but the results so far have been decent. Gabe Stoltz of Disciples of Uecker looks at Santana's performance as leadoff hitter so far.
- How have the Brewers handled infield shifts in recent years? Ryan Romano of BP Milwaukee analyzed the data of the upward trend of infield shifts.
Minor League Update
|Colorado Springs Sky Sox
|Colorado Springs 4, Nashville 3
|Colorado Springs @ Nashville
|Biloxi 2, Mobile 1
|Mobile @ Biloxi
|Brevard County Manatees
|Fort Myers 2, Brevard County 1
|Brevard County @ Fort Myers
|Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
|Burlington 7, Wisconsin 2
|Wisconsin @ Burlington
News & Notes
- The Brewers made a series of minor-league roster moves yesterday. RHP Ariel Pena accepted his assignment to Triple-A Colorado Springs, Will Middlebrooks was placed on the DL, outfielder Ben Guez was added to the Colorado Springs roster, and Tim Dillard was transferred to Helena.
NL Central Update
Yesterday’s Division Games
- Tigers 8, Pirates 2
Today's Division Games
- Tigers (Shane Greene) @ Pirates (Ryan Vogelsong) - 6:05 pm
- Reds (Alfredo Simon) @ Cubs (John Lackey) - 7:05 pm
- The Red Sox agreed to a minor-league deal with LHP Wesley Wright.
- The Tigers placed catcher James McCann on the 15-day DL and purchased the contract of catcher Bobby Wilson.
- The Twins placed closer Glen Perkins on the DL with a left shoulder strain.
- Yankees reliever Nick Rumbelow will undergo Tommy John surgery and miss the remainder of the 2016 season.
The Brewers continue their series against the Cardinals this evening. Chase Anderson makes his second start of the season, and he will face Mike Leake. First pitch is at 7:15 pm.