Domingo Santana's ninth inning home run gave the Brewers a late lead to back Chase Anderson's six innings with no earned runs (though he did allow three unearned runs). Jonathan Lucroy also had three hits in the win.
Brewers News & Notes
Links from BCB
- If a trade happens between the Rangers and Brewers, what prospects could the Brewers want? Stavid Dearns takes a look at the Rangers farm system.
- How much has Tyler Thornburg's fastball improved over the last year? Kyle tries to quantify the change that Thornburg has seen with the pitch.
- Over in the FanShots, Rob Deer For President notes that there's a small clip of the Brewers in the Jackie Robinson special.
Other Brewers News and Notes
- Even though he didn't get the win last night, Chase Anderson kept his ERA at 0.00 by not allowing an earned run for his second straight start. Adam McCalvy of Brewers.com looks at the scoreless streak that Anderson has put up to start the season.
- During the winter, Robin Yount broke his hand while working in his garage, though he is recovering well following it. Adam McCalvy spoke with Yount about the accident and his recovery.
- Keon Broxton was on the bench for yesterday's game, but is back in the lineup for today's game. Craig Counsell says that he is not giving up on Broxton this early, despite the lack of success so far.
- Wily Peralta will make his third start of the season this afternoon. Over on BP Milwaukee, Seth Victor looks at the factors that have contributed to Peralta's rough start.
Minor League Update
|Colorado Springs Sky Sox
|Nashville 3, Colorado Springs 1
|Colorado Springs @ Nashville
|Mobile 9, Biloxi 3
|Biloxi @ Mobile
|Brevard County Manatees
|Fort Myers 3, Brevard County 0
|Brevard County @ Fort Myers
|Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
|Wisconsin 10, Burlington 4
|Peoria @ Wisconsin
News & Notes
- Clint Coulter is currently in the Florida State League, working his way through the system and hoping to get to the Brewers. David Dorsey of News-Press.com has a profile of Clint Coulter.
NL Central Update
Yesterday’s Division Games
- Tigers 7, Pirates 3
- Cubs 9, Reds 2
Today's Division Games
- Tigers (Jordan Zimmermann) @ Pirates (Gerrit Cole) - 11:35 am
- Reds (Raisel Iglesias) @ Cubs (Jason Hammel) - 7:05 pm
- The Braves released outfielder Michael Bourn.
- The Blus Jays designated RHP Arnold Leon for assignment and recalled reliever Pat Venditte.
- Cardinals LHP Marco Gonzales will undergo Tommy John surgery and miss the rest of the 2016 season.
- The Pirates designated first baseman Michael Morse for assignment.
- The Red Sox optioned outfielder Rusney Castillo to Triple-A and placed third baseman Pablo Sandoval on the 15-day DL.
- The Twins placed closer Glen Perkins on the 15-day DL with a shoulder injury.
- In the offseason, Adam LaRoche and Blaine Boyer worked with an organization to help stop a sex slaves ring in Asia. Tim Keown of ESPN has the full story in a profile of Adam LaRoche.
- In the yearly round of special jerseys, MLB released the special jersey designs for this year. Mike Oz of Big LEague Stew has the full lineup.
In the rubber match of the series, Wily Peralta faces off against Jaime Garcia. First pitch is at 12:45 pm.