Wily Peralta got roughed up again, allowing five earned runs on seven hits in five innings. Meanwhile, the Brewers offense only managed one hit against Jaime Garcia. That's about all you need to know from this game.
Brewers News & Notes
- Wily Peralta had his third straight bad start yesterday, and there's no real answers yet on why Peralta is struggling. Adam McCalvy of Brewers.com spoke with Peralta and manager Craig Counsell about Peralta's struggles so far this season.
- Yesterday's game featured a home run from the Cardinals that should have been overturned due to a baserunning mistake. Adam McCalvy explained how the Brewers missed challenging that call (which turned out to be insignificant in the game).
- Tonight, everyone will be wearing #42 in honor of Jackie Robinson day. One of the players who will be able to wear that number for the first time is Keon Broxton, who spoke with Adam McCalvy about what it means to wear that number.
- In yesterday's post, there was a story about how Blaine Boyer and Adam LaRoche worked during the offseason to help rescue teenage girls from lives as sex slaves. Following that article, Boyer spoke more about his experience, and Adam McCalvy has a few quotes from Boyer.
- Chase Anderson has managed to put together two good starts to begin the season, which has been a welcome surprise for the rotation. Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel has some quotes from Anderson about how he has been successful so far.
- While he's not a traditional-style leadoff hitter, Domingo Santana has found success in the role this season. Julien Assouline of BP Milwaukee looks at how Santana is doing well in the role despite having many traits not common to leadoff hitters.
- The Brewers ballpark pass is back for the month of May. Cait Covers the Bases has the details on how to buy the month-long ticket package.
Minor League Update
|Colorado Springs Sky Sox
|Colorado Springs 7, Nashville 5
Friday: Memphis @ Colorado Springs
Saturday: Memphis @ Colorado Springs
Sunday: Memphis @ Colorado Springs
|Biloxi @ Mobile (PPD)
Friday: Biloxi @ Mobile (DH)
Saturday: Biloxi @ Mobile
Sunday: Pensacola @ Biloxi
|Brevard County Manatees
|Fort Myers 7, Brevard County 2
Friday: St. Lucie @ Brevard County
Saturday: St. Lucie @ Brevard County
Sunday: Brevard County @ St. Lucie
|Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
|Wisconsin 4, Peoria 0
Friday: Peoria @ Wisconsin
Saturday: Peoria @ Wisconsin
Sunday: Peoria @ Wisconsin
News and Notes
- Jorge Lopez is the starting pitcher for the home opener for the Sky Sox tonight, and it's been a long path in the minor-leagues for him so far. Brent Biggeman of the Colorado Springs Gazette has a profile of Lopez and the struggles he has had pitching and caring for his sick son.
NL Central Update
Yesterday’s Division Games
- Tigers 7, Pirates 4
- Cubs 8, Reds 1
This Weekend's Division Games
- Rockies @ Cubs
Friday: Chad Bettis vs. Kyle Hendricks - 1:20 pm
Saturday: Christian Bergman vs. Jake Arrieta - 1:20 pm
Sunday: Tyler Chatwood vs. Jon Lester - 1:20 pm
- Reds @ Cardinals
Friday: Tim Melville vs. Carlos Martinez - 7:15 pm
Saturday: Brandon Finnegan vs. Adam Wainwright - 1:15 pm
Sunday: TBD vs. Michael Wacha - 1:15 pm
- The Giants placed reliever Sergio Romo on the 15-day DL and signed LHP Alex Torres to a minor-league contract.
- Phillies pitcher Daniel Stumpf received an 80-game suspension for a positive test for a performance-enhancing drug.
- The Pirates signed RHP Justin Masterson to a minor-league contract.
- The Rockies placed outfielder Charlie Blackmon on the 15-day DL with turf toe.
- The Twins signed outfielder David Murphy to a minor-league contract.
- If you're a Brewers fan in Wisconsin looking for a cheap way to watch the Brewers, there's a new option available for you. Craig Edwards of FanGraphs talks about the new $20 a month option for streaming.
This Weekend's Action
The Brewers are in Pittsburgh this weekend for a three game series. Here are the starting matchups for the weekend.
Friday: Jimmy Nelson vs. Jeff Locke - 6:05 pm
Saturday: Taylor Jungmann vs. Jonathon Niese - 6:05 pm
Sunday: Zach Davies vs. Juan Nicasio - 12:35 pm