The Brewers had the day off.
Brewers News & Notes
Links from BCB
- 10% of your 2016 Milwaukee Brewers
James Hutterer, BCB
With 10% of the season done, James looks back at the first 10% of the Brewers season.
- Roster stability critical as Brewers start twenty games in a row
Today is the first day of 20 straight days with games for the Brewers. Staying healthy and playing well will be critical to keep the team in good shape, but injuries, cold streaks, and fatigue could put several players' roster spots at risk.
Other Brewers News and Notes
- Brewers at forefront of shift movement
Adam McCalvy, Brewers.com
Infield shifts have seen more usage in recent years as advanced statistics build. The Brewers have been one of the leaders in this movement, using more shifts for over a decade.
- Brewers relying on infield shifts
Adam McCalvy, Brewers.com
In today's game, shifts get used often to align a defense properly for each hitter. A proper shift is more than just an alignment, and knowing the data is critical.
- Wily Peralta Throws the Slider for Strikes, Gets Results
Jack Moore, BP Milwaukee
Sunday was another rough day for Peralta even though he was credited with a quality start. However, there is some encouragement from Peralta's ability to throw his slider for strikes.
- Brewers' Ryan Braun healthy, off to good start at plate
Genaro C. Armas, AP Sports
Ryan Braun's health is helping the Brewers find some success htis season, and the results aren't limited to just him.
Minor League Update
|Colorado Springs Sky Sox
|Omaha 9, Colorado Springs 4
|Colorado Springs @ Omaha
|Biloxi 5, Mississippi 0
|Biloxi @ Mississippi
|Brevard County Manatees
|Lakeland @ Brevard County
|Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
|Great Lakes @ Wisconsin
News & Notes
- Minor-league club cancels promotion insulting player's defense
Chris Cwik, Big League Stew
Last night, the Omaha Storm Chasers tried to do a promotion based on Keon Broxton misplaying balls in the field. It didn't go over very well.
- Prospect Showdown: Coulter vs. Roache
Chris Collins & Marcus Young, Miller Park Prospects
Who has the brighter future in the Brewers organization? Two writers on Miller Park Prospects make the case for each of these outfielders.
- Rodgers, Bell, Happ lead Prospect Team of the Week
Jonathan Mayo, MLB.com
Marcos Diplan made the Prospect Team of the Week for MLB Pipeline, posting nine innings with only one unearned run allowed and ten strikeouts in his last two appearances.
- Milwaukee Brewers’ Affiliate Report: Week 3
Thaddeus Krzus, The Shuck Dynasty
The Shuck Dynasty was a look back at the third week of the minor league season in the Brewers system.
NL Central Update
Yesterday’s Division Games
- Mets 5, Reds 3
- Pirates 6, Rockies 1
- Diamondbacks 12, Cardinals 7
Today's Division Games
Reds @ Mets - 6:10 pm
Brandon Finnegan vs. Bartolo Colon
Pirates @ Rockies - 7:40 pm
Gerrit Cole vs. Jorge De La Rosa
Cardinals @ Diamondbacks - 8:40 pm
Carlos Martinez vs. Shelby Miller
- Baltimore Orioles
- Claimed RHP David Hale off waivers from the Rockies
- Placed outfielder Jay Bruce on the paternity list
- Recalled RHP Layne Somsen
- Optioned outfielders Byron Buxton and Max Kepler to Triple-A
- Recalled RHP Alex Meyer
- Activated outfielder Danny Santana from the 15-day DL
- Outfielder David Murphy has exercised his opt-out clause
- Outrighted outfielder Cedric Hunter off the 40-man roster
- Placed RHP Joaquin Benoit on the 15-day DL with inflammation in his right shoulder
- Recalled RHP Mayckol Guaipe
- Released RHP Burke Badenhop
- Estimated TV Revenues for All 30 MLB Teams
Craig Edwards, FanGraphs
The Brewers rank 25th in TV revenue out of 29 teams with known revenue. Only four teams rank below them, and the Dodgers massive deal still outpaces the rest of baseball.
- Baseball bats fear the wrath of Carlos Gomez
Liz Roscher, Big League Stew
Carlos Gomez breaks baseball bats when he's angry. He's improved at it recently, and only needs one attempt to break a bat now.
Brewers @ Cubs - 7:05 pm
Jimmy Nelson vs. Kyle Hendricks