Chase Anderson carried a no-hitter into the eighth inning last night, and put up what was arguably the best start of the season by a starting pitcher so far. It punctuated what was a great game for the Brewers overall, who had some excellent offense and defense to back up Anderson.
Brewers News & Notes
Links from BCB
- The Brewers Face a Tough Decision with Wily Peralta
With Wily Peralta continuing to struggle, the Brewers have to decide what they are going to do with their former star prospect.
- Brewers (16-22) vs Cubs (27-9) series preview
Derek Harvey, BCB
A preview of the Brewers-Cubs series.
Other Brewers News and Notes
- Smith tests knee with fielding practice
Adam McCalvy, Brewers.com
Will Smith continued his return from injury with fielding practice on Tuesday.
- Peralta to stay on schedule in rotation
Adam McCalvy, Brewers.com
For now, Wily Peralta will remain in the Brewers rotation and have him try to pitch through his struggles.
- Depth Assessment: Colin Walsh & Alex Presley
Nathan Petrashek, Cream City Cables
Taking a look at two Brewers who have provided some surprising depth to the team.
- MEET THE CUBS: This Is The Second Death
Travis Sarandos, Disciples of Uecker
Another look at the Brewers-Cubs series.
- Ryan Braun Kicks Off Milwaukee Habitat Build Season
Caitlin Moyer, Cait Covers the Bases
Habitat for Humanity kicked off their building season yesterday, and Ryan Braun was a part of the first build.
Minor League Update
|Colorado Springs Sky Sox||AAA||17-18||Salt Lake @ Colorado Springs (PPD DH)||OFF|
|Biloxi Shuckers||AA||23-15||Biloxi 9, Chattanooga 7||Biloxi @ Chattanooga|
|Brevard County Manatees||A+||13-25||Bradenton @ Brevard County (PPD)||Bradenton @ Brevard County (DH)|
|Wisconsin Timber Rattlers||A||18-20||Wisconsin 1, Burlington 0||Burlington @ Wisconsin|
News & Notes
- Milwaukee Brewers Down On The Farm Report: Week 6
Kyle Lesniewski, BCB
Looking back at week six of the minor-league season..
- Brewers Make Handful of Pitching Moves
Marcus Young, Miller Park Prospects
The Brewers promoted RHP Brandon Woodruff to Double-A Biloxi, and Triple-A Colorado Springs got back reliever Jacob Barnes and reliever Michael Kirkman.
- Catching up...
Lane Grindle, Minor Details
A recap of all of the big news from the minor leagues in the past week.
NL Central Update
Yesterday’s Division Games
- Indians 13, Reds 1
- Pirates 12, Braves 9
- Rockies 3, Cardinals 1
Today's Division Games
Braves @ Pirates - 6:05 pm
Julio Teheran vs. Francisco Liriano
Indians @ Reds - 6:10 pm
Mike Clevinger vs. Brandon Finnegan
Rockies @ Cardinals - 7:15 pm
Chris Rusin vs. Adam Wainwright
- Signed reliever Joe Nathan to a minor-league contract and placed him on the 60-day DL
- Placed outfielder Carlos Gomez on the 15-day DL with a bruised left rib cage
- Recalled catcher Evan Gattis and infielder Colin Moran
- Designated RHP Asher Wojciechowski for assignment
- Promoted third base prospect Colin Moran
Los Angeles Angels
- Signed LHP David Huff to a minor league deal
- Outrighted RHP Javy Guerra
- LHP Neal Cotts exercised his opt-out clause
New York Yankees
- Designated LHP Phil Coke for assignment
- Optioned RHP Chad Green and Conor Mullee to Triple-A
- Recalled LHP James Pazos, RHP Luis Cessa, and infielder Rob Refsnyder
- Second baseman Rougned Odor suspended eight games and fined $5,000
- Shortstop Elvis Andrus suspended one game
Toronto Blue Jays
- Manager John Gibbons suspended three games
- Pitcher Jesse Chavez suspended three games
- Outfielder Jose Bautista suspended one game
- First base coach Tim Leiper suspended one game
- Commissioner Rob Manfred unhappy with length of games
Jayson Stark, ESPN
The pace of play is slightly higher this season, and the commissioner wants a returned focus to a reduced game time.
- Reds reliever Steve Delabar makes history in the wrong way
David Schoenfield, ESPN
In last night's Reds-Indians game, Steve Delabar walked in four straight runs, the first time that happened in major league history.
- Khris Davis has a two-outcome Tuesday to win and go home
Christina Kahrl, ESPN
Former Brewer Khris Davis hit three home runs on Tuesday night, the second time in three days that has happened for the Athletics.
Brewers vs. Cubs - 7:10 pm
John Lester vs. Jimmy Nelson