Chase Anderson gave up seven runs in the first two innings. The Brewers offense didn't score until the fifth inning. They put up four runs in the last two innings, but the game was basically over before the second inning was done.
Brewers News & Notes
Links from BCB
- Roster Moves: Michael Kirkman claimed from San Diego, Wily Peralta out on the paternity list
The Brewers made a few roster moves in advance of yesterday's game.
- Brewers (11-16) @ Reds (11-17) series preview
Derek Harvey, BCB
The Brewers play their first series of the season against the Reds.
- The Milwaukee Brewers Third Base Conundrum
Kyle Lesniewski, BCB
With Aaron Hill struggling, other options for third base are starting to look more appealing.
Other Brewers News and Notes
- Walsh empowered by daily reminders of mom
Adam McCalvy, Brewers.com
Mothers' Day is coming up this weekend, and Colin Walsh has a special reminder of his mom every day.
- Milwaukee Brewers: Time to believe in Chris Carter?
Tim Haberin, Call to the Pen
Chris Carter has had a hot start to the season, but can he keep it up?
- The Case for Keeping Chris Carter
Nathan Petrashek, Crem City Cables
Chris Carter is a valuable trade asset for the Brewers if he keeps up his current pace, or even something close to it. However, would it make more sense to keep Carter?
- Brewers Exit Velocity and Launch Angle
Julien Assouline, BP Milwaukee
With StatCast available, more and more stats are available easily now. One of those is exit velocity and launch angle for an at-bat, but what does it really mean?
- Series Preview: Meet the Reds
Travis Sarandos, Disciples of Uecker
Another perspective on the Reds series.
- MLB: Ten Worst Position Players in Baseball
Gavin Lee, Call to the Pen
Aaron Hill is ranked as the third worst player in MLB in this ranking. (Warning: It's a slideshow ranking. Link should take you to Hill's entry.)
Minor League Update
|Colorado Springs Sky Sox||AAA||10-15||Colorado Springs 6, Round Rock 4||
Friday: Oklahoma City @ Colorado Springs
Saturday: Oklahoma City @ Colorado Springs
Sunday: Oklahoma City @ Colorado Springs
|Biloxi Shuckers||AA||17-9||Pensacola 8, Biloxi 1||
Friday: Biloxi @ Pensacola
Saturday: Biloxi @ Pensacola
Sunday: Biloxi @ Pensacola
|Brevard County Manatees||A+||8-19||Lakeland 4, Brevard County 2||
Friday: Lakeland @ Brevard County
Saturday: Lakeland @ Brevard County
|Wisconsin Timber Rattlers||A||13-15||West Michigan 5, WIsconsin 3||
Friday: Wisconsin @ West Michigan
Saturday: Wisconsin @ West Michigan
News & Notes
- Jaye Chapman promoted to Colorado Springs, Tyler Spurlin added from Brevard County
Jaye Chapman earned a promotion to Colorado Springs following his success in Biloxi. Tyler Spurlin was promoted to fill his spot in Biloxi.
- Ortega, Perrin Win April Awards
Brad Krause, Miller Park Prospects
Minor league player of the month awards were given out.
- Brewers right-hander Jon Perrin showing he's in control
Todd Rosiak, Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel
Down in Brevard County, Jon Perrin has been impressing for the Manatees
- Is it time to worry about Jorge Lopez’s rough start?
Gabe Stoltz, Disciples of Uecker
Jorge Lopez has had a rough start in Colorado Springs, and it's not just the environment that's the issue.
NL Central Update
Yesterday’s Division Games
- Cardinals 4, Phillies 0
- Cubs 5, Nationals 2
This Weekend's Division Games
- Nationals @ Cubs
Friday: Max Scherzer vs. John Lackey - 1:20 pm
Saturday: Gio Gonzalez vs. Jason Hammel - 3:05 pm
Sunday: Tanner Roark vs. Jake Arrieta - 1:20 pm
- Pirates @ Cardinals
Friday: Francisco Liriano vs. Carlos Martinez - 7:15 pm
Saturday: Jeff Locke vs. Adam Wainwright - 1:15 pm
Sunday: Gerrit Cole vs. Michael Wacha - 1:15 pm
- Cleveland Indians
- LHP Ross Detwiler accepted an outright assignment to Triple-A
- Catcher Roberto Perez will undergo surgery on his fractured right thumb
- Los Angeles Dodgers
- Suspended shortstop Erisbel Arruebarrena for the remainder of the season due to repeated failure to comply with terms of his contract.
- Minnesota Twins
- Placed LHP Tommy Milone and RHP Casey Fien on waivers
- New York Yankees
- Placed DH Alex Rodriguez on the 15-day DL with a strained right hamstring
- Oakland Athletics
- RHP Chris Bassitt will undergo Tommy John surgery and miss the remainder of the season
- San Diego Padres
- LHP Robbie Erlin will ungergo Tommy John surgery and miss the remainder of the season
- MEGATON: More PED suspensions 'all but certain' according to report
Mike Bates, MLB Daily Dish
A recent report from ESPN says that more suspensions are coming after new testing was better able to detect certain PEDs.
This Weekend's Action
Brewers @ Reds
Friday: Tyler Cravy vs. Tim Adleman - 6:10 pm
Saturday: Jimmy Nelson vs. Brandon Finnegan - 6:10 pm
Sunday: Junior Guerra vs. John Lamb - 12:10 pm