This Weekend’s Results
Brewers News and Notes
Links from BCB
Milwaukee Brewers Sign 1st Round Pick Corey Ray to Below-Slot Deal | Kyle Lesniewski, BCB
The Brewers officially announced the signing of Corey Ray over the weekend, signing him to a $4.15 million bonus, just under slot value. With this, all of the Brewers picks from the first 10 rounds are signed.
Sunday Sundries - Week 12 | eddiemathews, BCB
Recapping Week 12 of the regular season.
Zach Davies: Future Ace? | mjdietz, BCB FanPost
Zach Davies has been a nice find for the Brewers, but does he have what it takes to be an ace in the future?
The Value of Junior Guerra | justtthestatsman, BCB FanPost
Though Junior Guerra has been a nice find for the Brewers, his trade value isn’t very high and it would be better to keep him around for now.
Links from Other Sites
Capuano, Santana have long roads ahead | Adam McCalvy, Brewers.com
It’s not good news for either Chris Capuano or Domingo Santana in their recovery from injuries. Capuano’s rehab assignment did not go well and he’s at least a month away from returning, and Santana has not resumed baseball activities and is out through at least the All-Star Break.
Brewers' big HRs come from unlikely sources | Curt Hogg, Brewers.com
The Brewers win on Friday night came in part from home runs from two unlikely sources: outfielders Keon Broxton and Kirk Nieuwenhuis.
Versatile Perez proving key contributor for Crew | Adam McCalvy, Brewers.com
Hernan Perez has been a key part of the Brewers recent success, providing positional flexibility to go with a good bat.
Freeing Wily | Colin Anderle, BP Milwaukee
Following Wily Peralta’s struggles in the rotation this year, it may be time to make a necessary change and convert him into a reliever.
Chase Anderson’s Platoon Split Has Killed Him | Ryan Romano, BP Milwaukee
Much of Chase Anderson’s struggles this season can be traced to his performance against right-handed hitters.
Dear Will Smith…Attempt #2 | Caitlin Moyer, Cait Covers the Bases
With 90s night coming up soon, Will Smith makes another attempt to meet...Will Smith.
Greg Vaughn Attends His All-Fan Bobblehead Giveaway Day | Caitlin Moyer, Cait Covers the Bases
Greg Vaughn was in attendance for his bobblehead giveaway day yesterday.
Miller Park Homestand Highlights: June 24-30 | Caitlin Moyer, Cait Covers the Bases
Though the homestand is nearly half over, there’s still plenty coming up in the series against the Dodgers.
Minor League Update
Colorado Springs Sky Sox (AAA) | 36-38
- Friday: Memphis 6, Colorado Springs 11
- Saturday: Colorado Springs 8, Round Rock 5
- Sunday: Colorado Springs 0, Round Rock 7
- Today: Colorado Springs @ Round Rock | 7:05 pm
Biloxi Shuckers (AA) | 40-33
- Friday: Montgomery 10, Biloxi 9
- Saturday: Montgomery 1, Biloxi 5
- Sunday: Montgomery 5, Biloxi 3
- Today: Montgomery @ Biloxi | 7:10 pm
Brevard County Manatees (A+) | 23-48
- Friday: Clearwater 9, Brevard County 2
- Saturday: Clearwater 5, Brevard County 4
- Sunday: Brevard County @ Tampa (PPD)
- Today: Brevard County @ Tampa | 4:00 pm (DH)
Wisconsin Timber Rattlers (A) | 37-37
- Friday: Quad Cities 2, Wisconsin 7
- Saturday: Quad Cities 8, Wisconsin 4
- Sunday: Quad Cities 2, Wisconsin 12
- Today: Clinton @ Wisconsin | 7:05 pm
DSL Brewers (R) | 8-10
- Friday: DSL Brewers 1, DSL Nationals 2
- Saturday: DSL Brewers 3, DSL Yankees2 6
- Sunday: No Game
- Today: DSL Yankees2 @ DSL Brewers
Helena Brewers (R) | 6-4
- Saturday: Helena 4, Great Falls 11
- Saturday: Helena 5, Great Falls 2
- Sunday: Helena 2, Great Falls 3
- Today: Missoula @ Helena | 8:05 pm
AZL Brewers (R) | 2-4
- Friday: AZL Padres 8, AZL Brewers 6
- Saturday: AZL Brewers 2, AZL Padres 9
- Sunday: AZL Rangers 7, AZL Brewers 3
- Today: AZL Brewers @ AZL Rangers | 9:00 pm
News and Notes
The Manatees have found a home for next season, deciding to move to Osceola County starting in 2017.
NL Central Updates
This Weekend’s Games
Dodgers @ Pirates
- Friday: Dodgers 6, Pirates 8
- Saturday: Dodgers 1, Pirates 6
- Sunday: Dodgers 3, Pirates 4
Cubs @ Marlins
- Friday: Cubs 5, Marlins 4
- Saturday: Cubs 6, Marlins 9
- Sunday: Cubs 1, Marlins 6
Padres @ Reds
- Friday: Padres 13, Reds 4
- Saturday: Padres 3, Reds 0
- Sunday: Padres 0, Reds 3
Cardinals @ Mariners
- Friday: Cardinals 3, Mariners 4
- Saturday: Cardinals 4, Mariners 5
- Sunday: Cardinals 11, Mariners 6
- Dodgers (Scott Kazmir) @ Pirates (Francisco Liriano) | 11:35 am
- Cubs (Jake Arrieta) @ Reds (Dan Straily) | 6:10 pm
- Cardinals (Adam Wainwright) @ Royals (Danny Duffy) | 7:15 pm
News Around Baseball
Jose Reyes returns to Mets, signs minor league contract | Adam Rubin, ESPN.com
After he officially became a free agent, the Mets signed shortstop Jose Reyes to a minor-league contract. He played for the team’s Single-A affiliate over the weekend, and spoke to the media for the first time since his domestic violence incident.
Reds honor Pete Rose with induction into team Hall of Fame | Mark Townsend, Big League Stew
While he remains banned from baseball for betting on games during his career, Pete Rose was officially inducted into the Reds Hall of Fame over the weekend.
The Walk Off: Edinson Volquez's nightmare start among worst ever | Mark Townsend, Big League Stew
Edinson Volquez’s 12 runs allowed in 1+ innings of work on Friday ranks as one of the worst starts in the history of baseball, and potentially the worst of the modern era.
The Brewers have the day off.