Brewers News and Notes
Links from BCB
Josh Hader Will Represent Brewers at MLB Futures Game | Kyle Lesniewski, BCB
As part of All-Star Weekend, Josh Hader will play in the Futures Game for the USA squad.
The Reality of Trading Lucroy | mjdietz, BCB FanPosts
There’s more to trading Jonathan Lucroy than just getting a return, and there are several factors that must be considered.
Links from Other Sites
'Rookie' Guerra continues to thrill Crew | Adam McCalvy, Brewers.com
Junior Guerra had another good start last night, another mark in his sudden rise from the minor leagues.
Domingo Santana won't return before all-star break | Tom Haudricourt, Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel (S)
Santana is still on the disabled list, and will remain there for a few more weeks as he still hasn’t gone back to work.
Jimmy Nelson is Not a Franchise Cornerstone | Steve Altstadt, Disciples of Uecker
The stats for Jimmy Nelson suggest that he will not be a pitcher to build a franchise around, and potentially should have been considered a trade candidate before his decline.
Aaron Hill’s Trade Prospects | Seth Victor, BP Milwaukee
What could the Brewers get for Aaron Hill in a trade? There are some comparisons that can be drawn from previous trades.
Brewers Give Back with #KindnessinMKE Event | Caitlin Moyer, Cait Covers the Bases
Yesterday, members of the Brewers organization went around the city to surprise different people and organizations with random acts of kindness.
Minor League Update
Colorado Springs Sky Sox (AAA) | 38-38
- Yesterday: No Game
- Today: New Orleans @ Colorado Springs | 8:05 pm
Biloxi Shuckers (AA) | 40-35
- Yesterday: Biloxi 1, Birmingham 3
- Today: Biloxi @ Birmingham | 7:05 pm
Brevard County Manatees (A+) | 24-51
- Yesterday: Daytona 6, Brevard County 7
- Today: Brevard County @ Daytona | 6:05 pm
Wisconsin Timber Rattlers (A) | 37-40
- Yesterday: Clinton 6, Wisconsin 7
- Today: Clinton @ Wisconsin | 7:05 pm
DSL Brewers (R) | 8-13
- Yesterday: DSL Brewers 6, DSL Cardinals 7
- Yesterday: DSL Cardinals 11, DSL Brewers 4
- Today: DSL Brewers @ DSL Braves | 9:30 am
Helena Brewers (R) | 8-5
- Yesterday: Missoula 10, Helena 3
- Today: Helena @ Missoula | 8:05 pm
AZL Brewers (R) | 4-4
- Yesterday: AZL Brewers 16, AZL Athletics 0
- Today: AZL Athletics @ AZL Brewers | 9:00 pm
News and Notes
Brewers in talks with 11th-round pick | Adam McCalvy, Brewers.com
The Brewers are in discussions with 11th round Chad McClanahan, who could take a significant bonus to lure away from college.
Frosty Microbrews: Protecting Their Potential | Kyle Lobner, TimberRattlers.com
The Brewers have a plan for protecting their pitchers that starts all the way in the minors and goes through the different levels of the organization.
NL Central Updates
- Cubs 9, Reds 2
- Royals 3, Cardinals 2
- Pirates 8, Mariners 1
- Reds (Brandon Finnegan) @ Nationals (Gio Gonzalez) | 6:05 pm
- Cubs (John Lackey) @ Mets (Steven Matz) | 6:10 pm
- Royals (Chris Young) @ Cardinals (Mike Leake) | 6:15 pm
Yes, The Infield Shift Works. Probably. | Rob Arthur and Ben Lindberg, FiveThirtyEight
The Brewers have had their experience with the infield shift, both the good and the bad. However, how much evidence is there that the shift really does work?
Congress and MLB are working together to screw minor leaguers | Mike Bates, MLB Daily Dish
Minor-league salaries have received increased attention recently, and a new bill in Congress could continue the low-salaries of baseball players by removing protections from them in regards to minimum wage laws.
Brewers (Zach Davies) vs. Dodgers (Kenta Maeda) | 1:10 pm