This Weekend's Results
Jimmy Nelson can't always be good. He allowed six runs in four innings, and the offense made a valiant comeback attempt, but it wasn't enough
Junior Guerra was off his game, but it didn't matter much. Behind a go-ahead home run from Domingo Santana, the Brewers rallied in the eighth and ninth to get the win.
It's hard to have confidence now that the Brewers will win on Wily Peralta day. Once again, Peralta had a bad start, allowing six runs in 4.1 innings. Though the Brewers offense was able to get on base, they only managed one run against Aaron Nola and the Phllies bullpen.
Brewers News and Notes
Links from BCB
Domingo Santana activated from 15-day DL, Keon Broxton optioned to Triple-A | -JP-, BCB
Following a minimum DL stint, Domingo Santana was activated from the 15-day DL on Friday. Keon Broxton went back down to Colorado Springs in a corresponding move.
Milwaukee Brewers Trade LHP Jed Bradley to the Braves | Kyle Lesniewski, BCB
The Jed Bradley era came to an end Friday, as the Brewers traded the former first round pick to the Braves.
Two Milwaukee Brewers 2015 Draftees Have Lost Their Lives | Kyle Lesniewski, BCB
In the year since last June's draft, two of the Brewers unsigned draft picks have died: Charlie Donovan and Donny Everett.
Sunday Sundries - Week 9 | eddiemathews, BCB
Looking back at week 9 of the regular season.
Links from Other Sites
Garza could be rehab start away from return | Adam McCalvy, Brewers.com
After a couple of successful rehab starts at Wisconsin, Garza may be close to returning to the Brewers.
Brewers opting to stay course with Peralta | Adam McCalvy, Brewers.com
With Garza so close to returning, a spot will be needed in the rotation soon. However, it won't be Peralta giving up that spot, as the Brewers choose to stick with him for now.
Rule 5 pick Walsh returned to A's from Crew | Adam McCalvy, Brewers.com
Colin Walsh officially cleared waivers over the weekend, and the Athletics opted to take him back.
Brewers recall 2011 Ali visit, Champ's impact | Adam McCalvy, Brewers.com
Following the death of Muhammad Ali over the weekend, several Brewers remembered a visit from him in Spring Training of 2011.
Minor League Update
Colorado Springs Sky Sox (AAA) | 25-27
- Friday: Colorado Springs 6, Omaha 1
- Saturday: New Orleans 3, Colorado Springs 0
- Sunday: New Orleans 3, Colorado Springs 0
- Today: Colorado Springs @ New Orleans | 6:00 pm
Biloxi Shuckers (AA) | 31-24
- Friday: Mississippi 3, Biloxi 2
- Saturday: Mississippi @ Biloxi (Canceled - Rain)
- Sunday: Biloxi 4, Montgomery 2
- Today: Biloxi @ Montgomery | 7:05 pm
Brevard County Manatees (A+) | 20-36
- Friday: Brevard County 6, St. Lucie 4
- Saturday: Brevard County 9, St. Lucie 4
- Sunday: St. Lucie 7, Brevard County 0
- Today: St. Lucie @ Brevard County | 5:35 pm
Wisconsin Timber Rattlers (A) | 27-30
- Friday: Wisconsin 2, Kane County 0
- Saturday: Wisconsin 5, Kane County 1
- Sunday: Kane County 3, Wisconsin 2
- Today: No Game
DSL Brewers (R) | 0-1
- Saturday: DSL Angels 6, DSL Brewers 3
- Today: DSL Brewers @ DSL Angels | 9:30 am
News and Notes
Hader, Pina Win May Honors | Marcus Young, Miller Park Prospects
Josh Hader and Manny Pina took the honors for the month as the pitcher and player of the month in the minors.
2016 Preview: DSL Brewers (R) | Brad Krause, Miller Park Prospects
The DSL Brewers kicked off their season on Saturday. There are several players to watch in that rookie league this year.
Pipeline preview: Musgrove looks to rebound for Triple-A Fresno | Mike Rosenbaum, MLB.com
Looking for something to watch during the off-day? The top minor league matchup of the day features Biloxi's Josh Hader facing off against Montgomery's Chih-Wei Hu. In addition, Cody Ponce pitches for Brevard County today.
Three Manatees Named to All-Star Team / Ortega Added to FSL All-Star Team | Brad Krause, Miller Park Prospects
Three members of the Brevard County Manatees (Brandon Woodruff, Johnny Davis, Dustin Houle) were named to the FSL All-Star Team on Friday. A fourth player, Angel Ortega, was added on Saturday.
Improve Minor League Pay | Kyle Lesniewski, BP Milwaukee
With the increased revenue that MLB is seeing, it's time to treat the minor-league players better and give them a salary they can live on.
NL Central Updates
This Weekend's Games
Diamondbacks @ Cubs
- Friday: Cubs 6, Diamondbacks 0
- Saturday: Cubs 5, Diamondbacks 3
- Sunday: Diamondbacks 3, Cubs 2
Angels @ Pirates
- Friday: Angels 9, Pirates 2
- Saturday: Pirates 8, Angels 7
- Sunday: Angels 5, Pirates 4
Nationals @ Reds
- Friday: Reds 7, Nationals 2
- Saturday: Reds 6, Nationals 3
- Sunday: Nationals 10, Reds 9
Giants @ Cardinals
- Friday: Giants 5, Cardinals 1
- Saturday: Cardinals 7, Giants 4
- Sunday: Giants 6, Cardinals 3
- Cubs (Jon Lester) @ Phillies (Adam Morgan) | 6:05 pm
- Mets (Steven Matz ) @ Pirates (Jon Niese) | 6:05 pm
- Placed reliever Darren O'Day on the 15-day DL with a strained right hamstring
- Recalled RHP Mike Wright
Boston Red Sox
- Placed left fielder/catcher Blake Swihart on the 15-day DL with a left ankle sprain
- Placed catcher Ryan Hanigan on the 15-Day DL with a neck strain
- Optioned reliever Noe Ramirez to Triple-A
- Recalled outfielder Rusney Castillo
- Recalled catcher Sandy Leon
- Recalled reliever Heath Hembree
Chicago White Sox
Los Angeles Dodgers
- Placed RHP Yasiel Puig on the 15-day DL with a strained left hamstring
- Activated outfielder Scott Van Slyke
- Designated outfielder Carl Crawford for assignment
New York Yankees
- Placed first baseman Mark Teixeira on the 15-day DL with a right knee injury
- Recalled first baseman Chris Parmelee
San Diego Padres
St. Louis Cardinals
The Brewers have the day off. They open a quick two-game series against the Athletics tomorrow night.