The Brewers had the day off.
Brewers News and Notes
Links from BCB
Draft Coverage: Reviewing the Brewers 2014 MLB Draft Class | Kyle Lesniewski, BCB
Continuing in his series on the last few Brewers draft, Kyle takes a look at the 2014 draft.
It's time to change course with Wily Peralta | -JP-, BCB
The Brewers coaching staff wants to continue pitching Wily Peralta in the rotation, hoping he can work through his issues. With some roster decisions looming, that's not the best idea for anyone right now.
Links from Other Sites
Stearns to lead first Draft as Brewers' GM | Adam McCalvy, Brewers.com
It's a big draft for the Brewers, as they will be working to bolster their minor-league system and continue the rebuild process.
Zack Jones to begin rehab assignment at Class A Brevard County | Tom Haudricourt, Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel ($)
Zack Jones will get his chance to earn a spot on the Brewers during his rehab assignment. He'll have 30 days to convince the Brewers to keep him.
What Would a Jonathan Lucroy Extension Look Like? | Jack Moore, BP Milwaukee
If the Brewers decide to extend Jonathan Lucroy, what could he command for a contract? There's not much out there to compare to in this situation.
"Specials by Series" for June 2016 | Caitlin Moyer, Cait Covers the Bases
The specials are out for the next Brewers homestand.
Minor League Update
Colorado Springs Sky Sox (AAA) | 26-27
- Yesterday: Colorado Springs 2, New Orleans 1
- Today: Colorado Springs @ New Orleans | 11:00 am
Biloxi Shuckers (AA) | 32-24
- Yesterday: Biloxi 4, Montgomery 2
- Today: Biloxi @ Montgomery | 7:05 pm
Brevard County Manatees (A+) | 20-36
- Yesterday: St. Lucie @ Brevard County (Canceled - Rain)
- Today: No Game
Wisconsin Timber Rattlers (A) | 27-30
- Yesterday: No Game
- Today: Clinton @ Wisconsin | 7:05 pm
DSL Brewers (R) | 0-1
- Yesterday: DSL Brewers @ DSL Angels
- Today: DSL Nationals @ DSL Brewers | 9:30 am
News and Notes
Indian Trail's Gavin Lux eyes piece of state history in draft Thursday | Tom Haudricourt, Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel ($)
It's been 37 years since a Wisconsin prep player has been taken in the first round of the MLB draft. That could change this week with Gavin Lux of Indian Trail High School.
2016 Draft Preview: 1B | Brad Krause, Miller Park Prospects
It's slim at first base in this year's draft. What players could be worth drafting?
May Manatees of the Month | ManateesBaseball.com
Dustin DeMuth and Angel Ventura were named player and pitcher of the month for the Manatees in May.
NL Central Updates
- Cubs 6, Phillies 4
- Mets @ Pirates (Postposed)
- Cubs (Kyle Hendricks) @ Phillies (Jerad Eickhoff) | 6:05 pm
- Mets (Jacob deGrom) @ Pirates (Juan Nicasio) | 6:05 pm
- Cardinals (Mike Leake) @ Reds (John Lamb) | 6:10 pm
Chicago White Sox
- Outrighted and released outfielder Daniel Fields
- Acquired catcher Brett Hayes from the Diamondbacks for cash
Los Angeles Dodgers
St. Louis Cardinals
- Optioned second baseman Kolten Wong to Triple-A
- Will activate infielder Jhonny Peralta from the 15-day DL
- Signed RHP Daniel Bard to a minor-league contract
Tampa Bay Rays
Cobb County residents already paying the price for Braves stadium | Israel Fahr, Big League Stew
Residents of Cobb County are already feeling the effects of the Braves new stadium, as previous dollars designated for public parks have been taken by the stadium, and county residents would need to raise taxes to get them back.
There's a reason your mother told you to never play with knives. A prank gone wrong has put the Marlins #4 prospect on the DL.
Dodgers use umpire Joe West's country album as walk-up music | Liz Roscher, Big League Stew
Is it a tribute to a great umpire, or a new method of trolling? With umpire Joe West behind the plate, the Dodgers decided to pull out some special music for him.
Brewers (Zach Davies) vs. Athletics (Sean Manaea) | 7:10 pm