This Weekend’s Results
Brewers News and Notes
Links from BCB
Brewers Trade Rumors: The Braves are looking for a Catcher! | eddiemathews, BCB
Brewers Trade Rumors: Lucroy, Will Smith Discussed with Rangers | Kyle Lesniewski, BCB
Brewer Trade Rumors: Things seem Luc warm | eddiemathews, BCB
In the weekend of trade rumors, the Braves entered the discussion with some rumors that they may try to acquire Jonathan Lucroy. Then, a new rumor around the Rangers came up that they are interested in both Lucroy and Will Smith. Finally, a few more small rumors came up on Sunday to round out the weekend.
Sunday Sundries: Week 15 | eddiemathews, BCB
Though it was a short week, there’s still plenty to talk about.
Fermented Game Review, July 15 | Harvye Hodja, BCB FanPost
For a different recap for Friday’s game, check out this recap in the FanPosts.
Random Thoughts about Strikeouts, Walks and the Shift | bs81, BCB FanPost
Teams are implementing defensive shifts more often than before, so why aren’t batters taking advantage of it?
Links from Other Sites
X-rays negative on versatile Perez's left foot | Adam McCalvy, Brewers.com
Hernan Perez left Saturday’s game after taking a foul ball off of his left foot. The news is good, as X-rays came back negative and he’s day-to-day with a bruised left foot.
Santana could begin rehab assignment soon | Adam McCalvy, Brewers.com
Domingo Santana participated in team workouts in Cincinnati over the weekend, and could head out on a rehab assignment as soon as the end of this week. Meanwhile, Chris Capuano received a platlet-rich plasma injection and is currently rehabbing in Arizona.
Will Middlebrooks Gets His Chance | Jack Moore, BP Milwaukee
With Aaron Hill gone, Will Middlebrooks will get a chance to play at third base for the rest of the season.
Scooter Gennett Can Hit Lefties | Travis Sarandos, BP Milwaukee
After struggling against left-handed pitchers for many years, Gennett has shown success against them this season.
Minor League Update
Colorado Springs Sky Sox (AAA) | 44-47
- Friday: Colorado Springs 1, Tacoma 4
- Saturday: Colorado Springs 2, Tacoma 7
- Sunday: Colorado Springs 3, Tacoma 7
- Monday: Colorado Springs @ Reno | 9:05 pm
Biloxi Shuckers (AA) | 48-45
- Friday: Birmingham 3, Biloxi 4
- Saturday: Birmingham 8, Biloxi 1
- Sunday: Birmingham 6, Biloxi 0
- Monday: Birmingham @ Biloxi | 7:10 pm
Brevard County Manatees (A+) | 29-62
- Friday: Jupiter 3, Brevard County 4
- Saturday: Jupiter 3, Brevard County 1
- Sunday: Brevard County 6, Palm Beach 10
- Monday: Brevard County @ Palm Beach | 5:30 pm
Wisconsin Timber Rattlers (A) | 46-48
- Friday: Wisconsin 3, Bowling Green 4
- Saturday: Wisconsin 5, Dayton 3
- Sunday: Wisconsin 16, Dayton 5
- Monday: Wisconsin @ Dayton | 6:00 pm
DSL Brewers (R) | 16-19
- Friday: DSL Brewers 5, DSL Cardinals 4
- Saturday: No Game
- Sunday: No Game
- Monday: DSL Brewers @ DSL Braves | 9:30 am
Helena Brewers (R) | 11-18
- Friday: Helena 2, Idaho Falls 9
- Saturday: Helena 13, Ogden 5
- Sunday: Helena 4, Ogden 5
- Monday: Helena @ Ogden | 8:00 pm
AZL Brewers (R) | 10-12
- Friday: AZL Indians 4, AZL Brewers 3
- Saturday: AZL White Sox 0, AZL Brewers 9
- Sunday: AZL Brewers 7, AZL White Sox 3
- Monday: AZL Brewers @ AZL Mariners | 9:00 pm
News and Notes
Brewers want Yadiel Rivera to play regularly in minors | Tom Haudricourt, Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel ($)
Yadiel Rivera was sent down after Saturday’s game to make room for the Brewers to call back up Zach Davies. Management sent Rivera down so he could get more playing time in the minors.
Shuckers make series of roster moves on Saturday | BiloxiShuckers.com
The Shuckers got a couple of additions over the weekend, adding LHM Mitch Lambson and outfielder Omar Garcia to the roster, while releasing LHP Brett Lee and placing RHP Bradon Woodruff on the temporary inactive list.
Sibrian, Dominguez Named DSL All-Stars | Brad Krause, Miller Park Prospects
The DSL All-Star Game took place on Sunday, and catcher Jose Sibrian and RHP Johan Dominguez were both named to the NL squad.
NL Central Updates
This Weekend’s Games
Rangers @ Cubs
- Friday: Rangers 0, Cubs 6
- Saturday: Rangers 1, Cubs 3
- Sunday: Rangers 4, Cubs 1
Pirates @ Nationals
- Friday: Pirates 1, Nationals 5
- Saturday: Pirates 0, Nationals 6
- Sunday: Pirates 2, Nationals 1
Marlins @ Cardinals
- Friday: Marlins 7, Cardinals 6
- Saturday: Marlins 0, Cardinals 5
- Sunday: Marlins 6, Cardinals 3
- Mets (Steven Matz) @ Cubs (Jon Lester) | 6:05 pm
- Braves (Matt Wisler) @ Reds (Brandon Finnegan) | 6:10 pm
- Padres (Christian Friedrich) @ Cardinals (Mike Leake) | 7:15 pm
In a recent memo to the management of all MLB teams, Joe Torre warned managers to calm down on the reactions to called balls and strikes.
MLBPA Elitism and Minor League Pay | Nicholas Zettel, BP Milwaukee
It’s not just owners preventing minor-league players from earning a fair salary. The position of the MLBPA also works against the young players.
The Brewers have the day off.