This Weekend’s Results
Brewers News and Notes
Links from BCB
Mets Reportedly offer D’Arnaud to Brewers for Lucroy | Kyle Lesniewski, BCB
The Mets have made an offer to try to get Lucroy, though the reported package offered was very underwhelming.
Sunday Sundries - Week 16 | eddiemathews, BCB
Looking back at week 16 of the regular season.
Ramon Flores: Somehow Avoiding the Unemployment Line | mjdietz, BCB FanPost
Even though the numbers haven’t been there for Ramon Flores, he still manages to hold onto a spot on the active roster.
Links from Other Sites
Nieuwenhuis a much different hitter at home | Curt Hogg, Brewers.com
Kirk Nieuwenhuis has shown more power at Miller Park than he has away from home.
Versatile Perez an asset for Brewers | Curt Hogg, Brewers.com
Despite not making the roster out of spring training, Hernan Perez has worked hard to earn a spot and make his presence known.
Trade Candidate Series: Jonathan Lucroy | Jake Covey, Disciples of Uecker
A look at the current state of the market for Jonathan Lucroy.
Brewers nearly all new a year into rebuild, but questions abound | Tom Haudricourt, Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel
It’s been a year since the Brewers “officially” entered rebuilding mode, and while many changes have happened in that time, there’s still a lot of uncertainty in the future.
What Happened to Jeremy Jeffress’s Strikeouts? | Ryan Romano, BP Milwaukee
Before this season, Jeremy Jeffress had been a strikeout pitcher. However, those numbers have plummeted this year.
Family Day Fun at Miller Park | Caitlin Moyer, Cait Covers the Bases
Sunday was Family Day at Miller Park, and several players brought their kids out to have fun at the ballpark.
Miller Park Welcomes 40 Millionth Fan Today | Caitlin Moyer, Cait Covers the Bases
On Sunday, Miller Park officially passed 40 million fans throughout the lifespan of the stadium.
Minor League Update
Colorado Springs Sky Sox (AAA) | 47-51
- Friday: Round Rock 2, Colorado Springs 10
- Saturday: Round Rock 4, Colorado Springs 5
- Sunday: Round Rock 4, Colorado Springs 5
- Monday: Round Rock @ Colorado Springs | 2:05 pm
Biloxi Shuckers (AA) | 50-49
- Friday: Biloxi 3, Pensacola 2
- Saturday: Biloxi 3, Pensacola 7
- Sunday: Biloxi 1, Pensacola 0
- Monday: No Game
Brevard County Manatees (A+) | 33-65
- Saturday: Brevard County 4, Charlotte 5
- Saturday: Brevard County 2, Charlotte 3
- Sunday: Brevard County 6, Charlotte 7
- Monday: No Game
Wisconsin Timber Rattlers (A) | 50-50
- Friday: Fort Wayne 7, Wisconsin 8
- Saturday: Lake County 8, Wisconsin 9
- Sunday: Lake County 6, Wisconsin 2
- Monday: Lake County @ Wisconsin | 1:05 pm
DSL Brewers (R) | 16-26
- Friday: DSL Brewers 6, DSL Tigers 7
- Saturday: DSL Tigers 8, DSL Brewers 0
- Sunday: No Game
- Monday: DSL Angels @ DSL Brewers | 9:30 am
Helena Brewers (R) | 13-22
- Friday: Idaho Falls 7, Helena 8
- Saturday: Idaho Falls 9, Helena 2
- Sunday: Idaho Falls 7, Helena 6
- Monday: Ogden @ Helena | 8:05 pm
AZL Brewers (R) | 11-16
- Friday: AZL Brewers 5, AZL Dodgers 12
- Friday: AZL Dodgers 4, AZL Brewers 3
- Saturday: AZL Brewers 4, AZL Giants 6
- Sunday: No Game
- Monday: AZL Cubs @ AZL Brewers | 9:00 pm
News and Notes
Adrian Houser and Pitching Development | Kyle Lesniewski, BP Milwaukee
Adrian Houser had been having a good year before Tommy John surgery ended his year early.
RHP Woodruff activated from temp. inactive list, RHP Ortega placed on the DL | BiloxiShuckers.com
Bradon Woodruff made his return to the Biloxi rotation on Sunday. To clear a space for him, Jorge Ortega was placed on the 7-day DL.
NL Central Updates
This Weekend’s Games
Phillies @ Pirates
- Friday: Phillies 5, Pirates 0
- Saturday: Phillies 4, Pirates 7
- Sunday: Phillies 4, Pirates 5
Diamondbacks @ Reds
- Friday: Diamondbacks 2, Reds 6
- Saturday: Diamondbacks 1, Reds 6
- Sunday: Diamondbacks 9, Reds 8
Dodgers @ Cardinals
- Friday: Dodgers 3, Cardinals 4
- Saturday: Dodgers 7, Cardinals 2
- Sunday: Dodgers 9, Cardinals 6
- Cardinals (Carlos Martinez) @ Mets (Noah Syndergaard) | 6:10 pm
- Cubs (Jake Arrieta) @ White Sox (Miguel Gonzalez) | 7:10 pm
- Reds (Anthony DeSclafani) @ Giants (Jake Peavy) | 9:15 pm
Ken Griffey Jr., Mike Piazza inducted into Baseball Hall of Fame | Associated Press
It was Hall of Fame induction weekend, as Ken Griffey Jr. and Mike Piazza each joined the Hall of Fame on Sunday.
Chris Sale suspended five days after bizarre clubhouse incident | Mark Townsend, Big League Stew
Trade watch was on full blast Saturday when Chris Sale was scratched from his scheduled start for the White Sox. However, it didn’t take long for that to get squashed, though the real reason for the scratch was unique. Sale has cut up his retro day uniform because he didn’t want to wear it, and the team suspended him for violating team rules.
Predicting the Trade Deadline Moves | Dave Cameron, FanGraphs
With a week to go until the trade deadline, predictions are building on what teams will get which players.
MLB trade rumors: Who are the biggest upgrades by position for contending teams? | Rob Rogacki, Beyond the Box Score
Several teams desperately need an upgrade at different positions, with certain players bringing a bigger improvement over others.
Brewers (Chase Anderson) vs. Diamondbacks (Braden Shipley) | 6:20 pm