The Brewers had the day off.
Brewers News and Notes
Links from BCB
Prince Fielder’s place in Brewers history | -JP-, BCB
Kicking off a week of Prince Fielder tributes, we started with a look at Fielder’s place in Brewers history.
Links from Other Sites
Crew has options as roster expansion approaches | Adam McCalvy, Brewers.com
The Brewers have some decisions to make as the season comes to an end, both for September call-ups and Rule 5 draft protection.
Ryan Braun Justifies the Price of Admission | Jack Moore, BP Milwaukee
Though the team has lost several key players through trades, Ryan Braun’s presence means the team is still worth watching.
Minor League Update
Colorado Springs Sky Sox (AAA) | 58-61
- Yesterday: Albuquerque 2, Colorado Springs 8
- Today: El Paso @ Colorado Springs | 7:35 pm
Biloxi Shuckers (AA) | 59-60
- Yesterday: Biloxi 8, Jackson 3
- Today: No Game
Brevard County Manatees (A+) | 37-82
- Yesterday: Brevard County 3, Daytona 4
- Today: Lakeland @ Brevard County | 5:35 pm
Wisconsin Timber Rattlers (A) | 58-62
- Yesterday: Wisconsin 3, Kane County 0
- Today: Wisconsin @ Kane County | 6:30 pm
DSL Brewers (R) | 20-41
- Yesterday: DSL Yankees2 4, DSL Brewers 3
- Today: DSL Brewers @ DSL Yankees2
Helena Brewers (R) | 22-30
- Yesterday: Grand Junction 5, Helena 12
- Today: Grand Junction @ Helena | 8:05 pm
AZL Brewers (R) | 18-25
- Yesterday: AZL Indians 4, AZL Brewers 1
- Today: AZL Giants @ AZL Brewers | 9:00 pm
News and Notes
Clint Coulter named Southern League Player of the Week | Caitlin Moyer, Cait Covers the Bases
Clint Coulter has made his presence known in his first week in Biloxi, going 13-for-24 with 2 HR, 4 RBI, and 8 runs scored since arriving with the Shuckers. That earned him Southern League Player of the Week honors.
Re-Ranked Top Prospect List (Mid-August) | Jake Covey, Disciples of Uecker
Following the trade deadline moves, Disciples of Uecker came out with a new top prospect list for the Brewers.
NL Central Updates
- Marlins 6, Reds 3
- Pirates 8, Giants 5
- Marlins (Jose Urena) @ Reds (Anthony DeSclafani) | 6:10 pm
- Cardinals (Jaime Garcia) @ Astros (Dallas Keuchel) | 7:10 pm
- Pirates (Jameson Taillon) @ Giants (Jeff Samardzija) | 9:15 pm
Cubs fire stadium DJ who made staggeringly horrible song choice | Big League Stew
In Sunday night’s Cardinals-Cubs game, following an appearance by Aroldis Chapman, an inappropriate song was played considering Chapman’s recent domestic violence incident (and likely a song that shouldn’t be played at any sports venue, considering the content of it). The Cubs have fired the DJ responsible for the choice and are promising stricter monitoring of songs played.
High school pitchers can't rack up insane pitch counts anymore | Chris Cwik, Big League Stew
To help prevent injuries to young high school pitchers, every state must institute new rules to manage pitch counts of these young pitchers. Georgia is one of the latest states, instituting a 110-pitch limit with required days off based on number of pitches thrown. Many states had just been using inning limits instead.
- Brewers (Matt Garza) @ Cubs (Trevor Cahill) | 12:20 pm
- Brewers (Chase Anderson) @ Cubs (Jason Hammel) | 7:05 pm