This Weekend’s Results
Brewers News and Notes
Links from BCB
Milwaukee Brewers Activate Guerra, Barnes; Recall Ben Rowen | Kyle Lesniewski, BCB
The first wave of call-ups came on Friday, with three pitchers added back to the Brewers active roster. Guerra rejoined the rotation while Barnes and Rowen went to the bullpen.
The Brewers added a few more players to the roster over the weekend. Rivera was recalled for infield insurance, and Blazek was reinstated from the DL even though he’s not ready to return to game action just yet.
A Brief Post on Junior Guerra’s Perseverance and Adaptability | Kyle Lesniewski, BCB
With Guerra returning from the DL on Friday, here’s a quick reminder on Guerra’s path to the majors so far.
The Wily Peralta That We’ve Been Waiting For | Kyle Lesniewski, BCB
It’s been a complete turnaround for Peralta, who worked on his mechanics in the minors and has re-established himself with the Brewers since his return.
The Brewers were awarded a waiver claim on Dodgers outfielder Yasiel Puig, and had some significant discussions that included Ryan Braun before talks broke off.
Brewers Receive Ryan Cordell from Rangers as PTBNL | Kyle Lesniewski, BCB
The Jonathan Lucroy/Jeremy Jeffress trade was officially completed on Monday as the Brewers received Ryan Cordell as their PTBNL from the trade.
Sunday Sundries: Week 22 | eddiemathews, BCB
Looking back at week 22 of the Brewers season, where they went from nearly being swept to sweeping.
What is missing from a 2019 contender | Baseball Punditez, BCB FanPost
One piece that could be missing from a competing team in 2019 is a top-tier pitcher.
Links from Other Sites
The Go-Go Brewers Are Stealing Bases Like It’s 1987 | Ryan Pollack, FanGraphs
The Brewers are blowing away the field in stolen bases, stealing nearly twice as many bases as the league average.
Junior Guerra and the Great Old Rookie Pitcher | Craig Edwards, FanGraphs
Junior Guerra is having one of the better seasons as a rookie pitcher, among the best of the “old” rookie pitchers this season.
Where Orlando Arcia Needs to Improve | Ryan Romano, BP Milwaukee
With a month of major league experience, there’s still plenty that Orlando Arcia needs to work on.
Looking at some of the specials coming up in the last two homestands of the season.
Minor League Update
Colorado Springs Sky Sox (AAA) | 67-71
- Friday: Colorado Springs 2, Iowa 3
- Saturday: Colorado Springs 1, Iowa 5
- Sunday: Colorado Springs 1, Iowa 5
- Monday: Colorado Springs 3, Iowa 12
- Tuesday: End of Season
Biloxi Shuckers (AA) | 72-67
- Friday: Biloxi 0, Mississippi 10
- Saturday: Biloxi 2, Mississippi 6
- Sunday: Biloxi 7, Mississippi 0
- Monday: Biloxi 4, Mississippi 1
- Tuesday: End of Season
Brevard County Manatees (A+) | 40-97
- Friday: Daytona 3, Brevard County 4
- Saturday: Daytona 3, Brevard County 5
- Sunday: Daytona 6, Brevard County 4
- Monday: End of Season
Wisconsin Timber Rattlers (A) | 71-69
- Friday: Cedar Rapids 5, Wisconsin 4
- Saturday: Wisconsin 8, Beloit 4
- Sunday: Wisconsin 6, Beloit 2
- Monday: Wisconsin 3, Beloit 4
- Tuesday: End of Regular Season
Helena Brewers (R) | 27-44
- Friday: Helena 11, Missoula 1
- Saturday: Helena 4, Billings 5
- Sunday: Helena 9, Billings 7
- Monday: Helena @ Billings (Cancelled Rain)
- Tuesday: Billings @ Helena | 7:05 pm
News and Notes
T-Rats in Playoffs & the End of an Era | Lane Grindle, Minor Details
The Class-A Timber Rattlers are the only Brewers affiliate to make their league’s playoffs, while the Brevard County Manatees played their final games.
Milwaukee Brewers’ Affiliate Report: Week 22 | Thaddeus Krzus, Shuck Dynasty
Looking through the Brewers minor league affiliates as they close out their seasons.
A Daring Heist in the Desert: The Blue-Chip Prospect that Milwaukee Stole | Colin Anderle, BP Milwaukee
While Tony La Russa and Dave Stewart have been seen as making many mistakes in their time leading the organization, one of the bigger mistakes may be the trade of Isan Diaz.
Profiling AFL Arms | Kyle Lesniewski, BP Milwaukee
Breaking down the six prospects heading to the Arizona Fall League.
NL Central Updates
This Weekend’s Games
Giants @ Cubs
- Friday: Giants 1, Cubs 2
- Saturday: Giants 3, Cubs 2
- Sunday: Giants 2, Cubs 3
Cardinals @ Reds
- Friday: Cardinals 2, Reds 3
- Saturday: Cardinals 1, Reds 9
- Sunday: Cardinals 5, Reds 2
- Mets 5, Reds 0
- Cardinals 12, Pirates 6
- Cardinals (Luke Weaver) @ Pirates (Ryan Vogelsong) | 6:05 pm
- Mets (Rafael Montero) @ Reds (Brandon Finnegan) | 6:10 pm
Brewers (Jason Hammel) vs. Cubs (Wily Peralta) | 7:10 pm